Story Behind The Need
• Business group: GWRT – US AML Technology
• Project: Regulatory driven project – entering Phase II.
• Reason for request: Need a JAVA backend developer to build the new functionality in ORO Portal, to automate the workflow to designate employees as AP of SWAP Dealers and create a supervision hierarchy of that population of employees. Also, to build an automated workflow for compliance team to assign/integrate FINRA registration to the employee data in ORO portal and to create the org chart which are requested by regulators.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a cloud development platform (CDP) and develop niche skillsets using the latest technology stacks.
Typical Day In Role
• Develop the org structure within the ORO Portal
• Work with new lines of business that plan to adapt the org structure developed in phase I.
• Work directly with end user to understand requirements and can explore issues to provide deliverables
• Will also be working with internal control users, product owners, BAs, could team, security team, etc.
• Working within teams, have to collaborate regularly with other back-end developers and work toward the team’s achievement of key benchmarks.
• Position to breakdown: 75% back end, 25% front end development
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5+ years’ experience in Java 8+
• Excellent trouble shooting skills
• 2+ years API development experience
• 5+ years’ experience with SQL and writing queries
• Strong DB knowledge e.g. Microsoft SQL Server/Oracle.
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools like GIT, BitBucket
Nice To Have Skills:
• Azure Cloud experience is an asset
• Project Management experience.
• Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable goals
• Leadership qualities are an asset
Best Vs Average:
• Strong Java development is critical. An independent, hands on developer who will work directly with client, understanding the requirement, and delivering solutions.
Degrees Or Certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Candidate Review & Selection
• Structure and Format: Two rounds (technical + product owner interview)