Story Behind the Need:
• The Global Fixed Income Team is looking for an energetic and result-oriented developer to work on development and enhancement for Global Fixed Income applications. The successful candidate must have solid hands-on experience in building high complex real-time applications and possess good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Project: The successful candidate has experience in building real time applications with strong skills in Unix and database.
Candidate Value Proposition
• This group will be utilizing new technology and will give the successful candidate the opportunity to work on complex projects at various stages.
Typical Day in Role:
• Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
• Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts
• Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
• Assure quality security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 7 + years of experience in Java programming (minimum 2-year Java 8)
• 5 + years’ experience with Unix/Linux environment and proficient in shell scripting
• 5 + years’ experience in database development with Oracle, SQL OR PL/SQL
• 2 + years’ experience with Capital Markets and/or Fixed Income trading platforms (specifically ION/MMI is a plus)
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to work with various team members and stakeholders
Nice to have skills:
• Experience with Messaging Bus technologies like Kafka, MQ and JMS.
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred