Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The Digital Client Services group is working on an ongoing Digital Wealth migration and is searching for a strong Java Developer as the project scope continues to grow.
• Project: The successful candidate will be joining an ongoing project focused on migrating existing client Digital Online Functionality to a cloud-based environment.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join an exciting new project integrating cutting edge technology in an agile lab environment. Working in a collaborative environment, the candidates will work autonomously while working in a supportive environment.
Typical Day in Role
• Work as a member of a dynamic Agile team developing web applications for Online Brokerage / Wealth management retail customers
• Design and develop a new generation of online finance web applications based on Cloud solutions, such as Microsoft Azure, Google GCP
• Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
• Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts
• Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
• Assure quality security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5 + years functional programming development with Java (min 2 years with Java 8)
• 5 + years’ experience with Java Frameworks: Spring, JUnit, Log4j
• 2 + years working with cloud based microservices (GCP OR Azure)
• 4 + years database development stored procedures with SQL, Sybase OR MS SQL
• Experience with Continuous Development or Continuous Integration is a plus
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required