Story Behind the Need:
• Canadian Digital Banking Engineering – Applications is seeking a Java Developer to play a key role in the Hubble Project.
• The Hubble project is a key initiative at client that will contribute to the success of improving our customer journey and provide better and more customized banking to our customers.
• The initiative is a revamp of the way that we onboard customers and direct them to forms, direct them to products and services, etc and help get them through the process.
• Business Group: Canadian Digital Banking Engineering – Applications
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain global experience and work with multiple teams, while having the opportunity to be extended based on their performance and funding.
• Being a program manager at a top 5 Canadian bank, you will get the opportunity to lead in a fast paced and forward thinking environment, working hands on with some of the most disruptive and emerging tech.
Typical Day in Role:
• The candidate will be working primarily in Java, NodeJs, ReactJs
• The candidate will generally be split 70/30 between front end / back end but will be doing work on both sides
• Participate in daily scrum ceremonies to determine action items for the day
• Assist with deployment – pipeline is mostly setup but understanding what environment they are deploying too and understanding the individual procedures
• Work with a team of 3 other developers , 1 BSA, 1 Technical Lead, and 3 QA’s to handle initiatives
• Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
• Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts
• Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
• Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
• 3+ years of experience building reusable components
• 2+ years of experience in AWS/Azure etc – any cloud infrastructure experience
• 2+ years of data modeling – experience working and sanitizing data
Nice to Have Skills:
• Experience building end user facing platform / websites
• Experience building websites for the visually impaired – main website has main
• Excellent client-facing and relationship building skills – must have experience dealing with and presenting too senior individuals on a daily basis
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong negotiation skills, conflict management skills and ability to influence executive management
• Works well under pressure and against strict timelines.
• Ability to work well within a team towards common goals.
• Ability to provide progress reports and outline clear requirements to complete required integrated changes.
• Able to write and communicate fluently in English and Spanish in order to provide clear directives and work well with remote assistance in various countries