Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will not only have the opportunity to gain valuable experience at a top 5 Canadian bank while getting exposure to the top emerging and disruptive technologies in a very forward thinking and agile environment
Typical Day in Role:
• Candidate will working with QA partners, other stakeholders, in an agile environment
• Leverage industry best practices & writing clean minimalistic code.
• Development and support of a front-office trading system used for trade booking, trade execution and pricing of derivatives trades
• Conduct proof of concept on new technologies for our innovative fintech solutions
• Participate in design discussions on scalability, performance, security, Microservices best practices.
• Devops and organizational process for code promotion.
• Generate technical specifications of design and updating confluence.
• Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment to work with Quants and Traders.
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
• Take ownership and responsibility of development of products onboarding to the trading platform and be efficient with sizing and estimates for development.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 7+ years of experience building applications using J2EE, Java and multiple technology stacks
• 7+ years of development using Spring, Spring Boot.
• 7+ years of working with on or more backend databases RDBMS.
• Experience in design and development of REST APIs, Microservices. Swagger and other application for testing and API contract.
• Experience with source control tools (Git, SVN etc.).
• 2+ years of experience building applications using PCF and Azure cloud stacks
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Candidate must be a team player, that does not need to be micromanaged – wants someone who can get up and hit the ground running everyone morning without necessarily being told what to do
• Ability to work well under pressure while demonstrating strong professionalism
• Must be able to collaborate closely with a team at times, while also being capable of holding themselves accountable to meet individual deadlines without hand
Degrees or certifications:
• A recognized undergraduate degree is required, preferably in a technology related domain
Candidate Review & Selection:
• 2 Steps at the most – first with hiring manager then on to supervisor