Story Behind the Need:
• Client Securities Operations Technology group is looking for a strong Java Developer to be hired in the ESCAPE team for the project ‘NIAD – STRUCTURED NOTES MODERNIZATION’.
• This project will be focused on building the interface layer for data going to/from NIAD via ESCAPE. ESCAPE will source data from several source systems such as Data platform, Wealth Management, Data Platform etc.
• ESCAPE will merge all the source data together and send it to NIAD as one feed. For the reverse workflow, NIAD will create trade data files that will be picked by ESCAPE and subsequently ESCAPE will set-up the trades at Broadridge.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join an exciting project that has high visibility while utilizing new technology.
Typical Day in the Role:
• The main function of this Developer is to design, develop, maintain, and implement enhancements using JAVA
• Experience in Spring Cloud and integration patterns using messaging technologies like JMS, MQ etc. is a plus
• Analyze highly complex business requirements
• Generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
• Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts
• Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
• Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
• 5+ years of hands on development experience in Core Java and server-side Java programming related technologies in an Agile development environment
• 5+ years’ experience designing patterns and Object Orient Design concepts
• Recent Experience in utilizing Source Control & Build Tools, like Bitbucket, Jenkins etc.
• Basic understanding of SQL programing preferably with Oracle experience (minimum 3 years’ experience)
Nice to Have Skills:
• Knowledge of product strategies and processes and a demonstrated ability to apply them
• Previous Financial Services / Banking experience is preferred but not required
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• This individual will be communicating with teams across all levels of the bank. Experience working with different stakeholders at different levels
• Candidate must be a team player, that does not need to be micromanaged – wants someone who can get up and hit the ground running everyone morning without necessarily being told what to do
• Ability to manage assigned tasks and expectations without direct instruction or oversight
• Fast, adaptable learner who can hit the ground running
• Ability to work well under pressure while demonstrating strong professionalism
• Collaborate closely with the team, while also being capable of holding themselves accountable to meet individual deadlines without hand holding
Education and Certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field required
• Supports middle and back office applications
• Open to develop all layers of the application (Front end, middle tier, backend) Unix experience. No shell scripting – basic Unix demands – effective log monitoring
• Java – working with BA to understand scope of enhancements and what needs to be developed and build it out
• Role is focused on updating existing data flows with Java
• Trade life cycle experience is highly preferred – can be cross transferred in future to other projects more easily.