Story Behind the Need:
• Group: The GTS Shared Data Services is searching for a strong Java Developer to develop and support multiple initiatives for the groups back-end workflow.
• Project: The successful candidate will be joining ongoing initiatives of the group while developing, enhancing and maintain various back end applications supporting Enterprise Data.
Typical Day in Role:
Your primary job is to develop, enhance and maintain the various applications used by our business partners to help govern Enterprise Data. These activities include:
• Working closely with business partners to understand and implement requirements
• Partnering with Architects to turn high level solutions into implementable detailed designs
• Downstream support for internal consumers of application data to ensure accurate and timely delivery of reference data.
• Supporting testers to resolve bugs quickly
• Providing application support when there are issues the operations team are not able to resolve
Must Have Skills:
• 5 + years’ experience functional programming with Java
• 5 + years’ experience developing REST Web Services
• 3 + years’ Experience running batch scripts with DB2
• Hands on experience with Unix/ Shell scripting
• Recent hands one experience with Continuous integration tools like Jenkins, Git and Maven (minimum 1 -3 recent projects)
• Recent experience with cloud deployment on Java Code (minimum 1 project)
• Communication skills, especially in regard to translating technical solutions into business language
• Drive to learn new things outside current skillset / comfort zone
Nice to have skills:
• Experience developing with Angular on UI layer is a plus
• Experience with DevOps concepts and/or Site Reliability Engineering is a plus
• Experience with Splunk/Dynatrace
• Experience with Node JS
• Experience with Python
• Experience with Spark/Scala
• Experience with JIRA/Confluence or similar tool
• Business Process Management (BPM)
• SQL DDL, DML scripting
• DataStage job creation and maintenance.
• Cloud deployment of Java code
• Spring/Spring Boot
• Peer code review and testing