• The Team In partnership with the Customer Insights Data and Analytics teams and our IT partners the Data and Analytics Technology team supports the banks Data and Analytics needs with tooling, projects and IT operational support.
• Project: The Group is searching for a strong Kubernates Cloud Developer to designing, building, monitoring, tuning, and troubleshooting bank wide initiatives supported by Data and Analytics Technology on a new platform.
• This role will be responsible for the Platform designing, building, monitoring, tuning, and troubleshooting bank wide initiatives supported by Data and Analytics Technology. This consists of platform building, tooling, integration, process automation, platform enhancement, and delivery of new projects.
Typical Day in Role:
• Explore emerging technologies in Analytics, Cloud and Kubernetes space that relate to our needs and implement those technologies in Hybrid environments.
• Install, Configure, Construct, and build highly available Kubernetes clusters on-premise and public cloud.
• Deploy, Test, monitor, administer, optimize and operate scalable clusters on premise and/or in cloud.
• Responsible for the overall health of the platform including production issues, Troubleshooting, monitoring system capacity using Grafana, working with other technical teams like server support, network, DR etc
• Design, build & implementation of various containerized applications using Docker and deploy to Kubernetes Cluster using HELM Charts.
• Setup Splunk and integrate with Kubernetes cluster to monitor performance, health checks on k8’s cluster and troubleshooting application logs to generate alerts.
• Install, configure CEPH storage system and integrate with Kubernetes cluster.
• Setup Hashicorp Vault and Envconsul for secret management and Integrate with On-premise and Cloud Kubernetes cluster.
• Create projects, namespaces, allocate cluster resources, provision user and permissions, create configmaps, secrets and volumes for applications & allocate system resources based on the use cases
• Design, Develop and Deploy APIs for integrating the Kubernetes clusters with external systems
• Implement Disaster Recovery and BCP strategy
• Implement CI/CD process by designing industry standard Jenkins Pipelines for deploying Infrastructure and analytics workloads using Docker, HELM, Ansible, Bitbucket, Jfrog Artifactory, Airflow and other build and deployment activities
• Install, configure, upgrade Enterprise GitLab, Nexus, Jfrog Artifactory, administer them and standardize CI Process for all new onboarding
• Document all artifacts, share knowledge & work with change control, security, audit teams as required.
Must Have Skills:
• Minimum 2-3 Large projects setting up Kubernetes or similar platform on premise/cloud (On-prem Rancher experience is a plus)
• Minimum 3 years’ experience on deploying Apache Spark or web applications on Kubernetes
• Minimum 3 years’ Spark standalone implementation experience or Hadoop-Spark integration experience along with POSIX or HDFS or MinIO storage hand-on
• Minimum 3 years’ experience with Docker – including setting up and managing Docker registries as well as creating Dockerfiles to create custom images.
• Must have virtualization experience like VirtualBox, Hyper-V, Docker, VMware etc. (minimum 3 years’)
• Strong scripting skills (i. e. shell scripting, Python, Perl, Ansible) for automation.
• Exposure to working on cloud platforms like Azure/GCP/AWS
• Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodologies
• Team player with strong communication skills (verbal and written)
• Able to see tasks through to completion without significant guidance
• Self-managed and results-oriented with sense of ownership is required
Nice to have Skills:
• Experience on Cloudera or HDP is a plus.
• Should have knowledge of overlay networking needed for inter-container communications from different nodes as well as external servers/infrastructure
• Experience building CI/CD pipelines using GitHub, Artifactory and etc. to reduce cycle times and ensure quality.
• Experience automating systems deployments and configuration management using tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, Saltstack.
• A university degree in Mathematics, Science, Engineering, Management or relevant.