• Project Info: It’s a transformational project. Team is looking for someone who has senior experience as learning consultant/strategy, senior manager of consulting. This role is one below executive level. Someone who has built strategies, end to end talent management work, end to end learning strategies, previous exp with consulting company, basic project management skills. Team is consolidating the corporate office and bringing employees across the bank to the centralized area. There’s a lot movement in waves such as risk, finance, HR, onboarding, structural changes etc. So, team is looking for someone who has a mix of facilitator, design, learning and consulting in the resume.
• Selling Points of Position: Room to move within company; Visibility to SVP’s
• Best Vs Average Candidate: Best would have executive exp. presenting to SVP’s; Excellent communication skills (PPT, email, verbal); Proactive; Can work independently; Influential; Have end to end learning consulting exp.; Has worked in Finance or other corporate functions in banking space before.
• How will performance be measured: Based on deliverables and feedback from others, and through team set objectives, measured quarterly.
• Reporting to the Associate Vice President, the Learning Solutions Architect is responsible for the development of innovative learning solutions and leads the end to end creation, execution and documentation (including communication, reporting and socialization) of long term/ multi-year learning strategies and roadmaps based on business needs and enterprise strategy.
• This position manages relationships and deliverables across multiple phases and waves. It requires critical strategic thinking, as well as a good balance between understanding of client’s operating model and the Program structure and governance; combined with a solid knowledge of performance consulting practices, strong strategy planning, change management, collaboration, stakeholder management, project management and communication skills.
• Acts as the primary point of contact and strategic partner to business leaders,HRBP’s and Talent and Learning COE leads, like Project Delivery, Learning Technology, Learning Operations, on any day-to-day inquiries or BAU changes
• Lead performance consulting and conduct needs analysis to diagnoses gaps and develops effective solutions to address capability development needs
• Negotiate, influence, and build strong relationships with business leaders, subject matter experts, and HR partners to understand business strategy and evolving learning needs
• Provide learning advisory and thought leadership to key stakeholders, including but not limited to new and innovative learning solutions, capabilities and limitations of learning options and modalities, and recommended solutions and rollout plans
• Develop and execute the long-term learning strategy & plan and associated roadmaps for the assigned portfolio and capabilities, ensuring they align with the skills needed to support the broader business vision and delivers a great learner experience
• Build the business case for learning development and define the rollout plan in collaboration with the business senior management and other partners
• Partners with L&D stakeholders to ensure L&D workstream is appropriately staffed and resourced to support the initiative
• Inventory and identify learning assets that map to new or existing capabilities to support business outcomes
• Interact, collaborate and help influence peers and other LSAs to ensure alignment to the long-term learning plan and associated roadmaps of the capabilities assigned
• Proactively align learning strategies to the capabilities needed to address evolving business needs
• Act as intermediary between learning COE leads and business leads to ensure the learning strategy is effectively executed and to manage the ongoing sustainment model for the learning plans
• Manage issues or escalations in relation to the learning strategy within the portfolio
• Develop and leverage relationships with external learning partners on best-in-class learning services
• Align to enterprise frameworks or methodologies that relate to business architecture activities within the business area
• Attend and participate in internal and external industry committees and/or conferences for learning professionals
• Identify and implement process improvements that reduce costs or create capacity within learning development and delivery
• Provide updates and report on the development of learning assets and materials as well as progress of the overall learning strategy to support the business needs
• Actively seek feedback from users and support areas including the various COE leads
• Keep abreast of emerging issues, trends, and evolving business requirements and assess potential impacts
• Act as a learning expert / lead, integrating cross-function understanding within their own field of specialty
• Stakeholder management – 5+ years
• Excellent verbal and written comms
• Power point/building presentations
Nice To Have:
• Some background in design, formats, and frameworks
• exp facilitating and delivering trainings
• Project management skills- basic knowledge
• Agile mindset