Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The Business Banking Deposit & Lending Technology group is part of the Canadian Banking Technology manages the book of records for commercial, small business and private banking loans. The group is looking for a COBOL / Mainframe developer for continuous support of workload functions.
• Reason for request: Project
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join an exciting project that has high visibility within the bank’s senior stakeholders. Enhancing multiple customer applications, the successful candidate will have an opportunity to leave a lasting impact on the banks internal customer systems.
Typical Day in the role:
• Analyze incident tickets generate technical specifications (if required),
• Act as an expert technical resource for support incidents, and analysis.
• Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
• Assure quality security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
Must Have Skills:
• 5 + years’ mainframe development with COBOL or COBOL II
• Good communication skills to work with the architects and developers
• 5 + years working on large migrations following Hybrid Agile approach
Nice to have:
• IMS, CICS, DB2 and JCL experience is a plus
• Financial Industry Experience
• Previous client experience is a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required