Story Behind the Need:
• Business Group: Data Centres and GBM Network Services is seeking a Network Analyst for a global project which will see devices being installed/replaced in various countries (LATAM, Caribbean, USA, UK, ASIA and Canada). The candidate will work with a project team to execute the various installs/upgrades/migrations of multiple firewalls.
• As part of the project there will be the need to configure and upgrade Infoblox Appliances and introduce them into existing Grid.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain global experience and work with multiple teams, while having the opportunity to be extended based on their performance and funding.
Typical Day in Role:
• Verify configuration and migration steps in LAB environment.
• Adjust plan to meet production deployment needs.
• Communicate and collaborate with Project Manager, technical resources and clients to co-ordinate migration timelines, test and validation procedures, scheduling etc.
• Design and build technical solutions for any encountered problem in collaboration with Subject Matter Experts (SME’s)
• Operate and configure network equipment (Switches, Firewalls, Infoblox Appliances)
• Migration of Infoblox Hardware
• Validation of configuration and health of DNS/DHCP Infoblox Appliances once migrations and replacement is completed.
• Deployment of defined standards, best practices and guidelines.
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
• 4+ years of hands on experience in configuration, deployment and troubleshooting of Infoblox Appliances both Standalone as well as part of GRID.
• 4+ years of hands on experience with Cisco Nexus/Catalyst switches (L2 and L3)
• Fluent in English/Spanish Speaking and writing.
• Self driven and able to work independently during different time zones, evenings and weekends as required.
• Works well under pressure and against strict timelines.
• Ability to work well within a team towards common goals.
• Ability to provide progress reports and outline clear requirements to complete required integrated changes.
• Able to write and communicate fluently in English and Spanish in order to provide clear directives and work well with remote assistance in various countries
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering