Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The Canadian Digital Banking Engineering – Digital Payments group builds and supports new projects across the bank utilizing new technology
• Project: The group is supporting the TSYS initiative and requires a strong Node.JS Developer to build new APIs for the 3rd party integration. The APIs are built on REST design using Open API Specifications using predominantly Node.JS
• Reason for request: Project
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a challenging project, utilizing new technology stack with a focused, talented group of developers, business users and architects.
Typical Day in Role:
• You will write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
• You will be providing technical direction with team input and feedback
• You will be gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
• You will be directing day-to-day activities in a manner consistent with our risk culture and the relevant risk appetite statement and limits, and communicate it throughout the team.
• You will create an environment in which your team pursues effective and efficient operations of their respective areas while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to risk and compliance
• You will create and maintain software documentation
• You will be collaborating with the Architect (if applicable) to realize technical vision and direction
• You will be considered an expert in a major applications and/or technical domains, and is highly regarded for their technical competence.
• You will be providing expert advice and counsel to key stakeholders on development project teams on complex issues related to “area of specialty”.
• You will mentor and help team members in technical knowledge and best coding practices
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5 + years of REST API design using Open API Specifications
• Recent (min 1-2 projects) using NodeJS framework, preferably ExpressJS
• Recent (min 1 project) experience with at least one NodeJS framework, preferably ExpressJS
• Recent (min 1-2 projects) using modern JS toolsets (ES6+, Webpack, Babel, Jest, Protractor)
• 4 + years’ Agile and lean project experience – strong understanding of Agile methodology and process
Critical Soft Skills:
• Up to date with industry best practice
• Deep knowledge (bordering on obsession) of Agile principles and the flexibility to adapt your experience to new and evolving environments
• Excellent communication including the ability to distil technical details into human terms
• A passion for well-designed products and you’re not afraid to sit with our Design Team and prototype, wireframe and white board your ideas
Nice to have skills:
• Ecommerce experience is a nice to have
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required