Story Behind the Need:
• Business Group: IT Risk is seeking a Power BI Developer to work on a Microsoft solution to build data visualizations and reporting.
• This role is required to liaise with Business Analyst, SQL/ETL Developer and various stakeholders.
• This project is anticipated to go on for 18 months.
Typical Day in Role:
• Translate user requirements to visual prototypes and solution and develop and maintain data architecture documentation.
• Development of data ingestion solution and data visualizations in the form of dashboards, spreadsheet extracts and reports;
• Planning and execution of unit and user testing, using testing and UAT environments and testing datasets
• Translates raw data into insights by quickly grasping the concepts in a dataset or database;
• Demonstrates easy understanding of relationships in the data; running complex SQL queries to summarize or transform data;
• Identify data quality issues using statistical analysis.
• Provide day-to-day support of production BI applications that support IT&S executives on the strategy planning and decision-making process
• Dataflow and Data Transformation documentation
Must Have Skills:
• 5+ years of experience working with data visualization tools like Power BI (preferred) or Tableau;
• 5+ years of experience working on BI projects with the Microsoft BI stack (SQL Server, SSRS, SSMS); Strong proficiency in SQL, database modeling and BI / Data warehousing concepts;
• Demonstrated visuals based on data sourced from complex architectures (proven through recent project experience minimum 2)
• Extremely strong communication skills
• Will need to figure out their way around existing documentation and database (fill in the blanks)
Nice to Have Skills:
• Experience with data ingestion automation tools and technologies. i.e. automated data ingestion using Python scripts and frameworks or VBA and Excel spreadsheets
• Experience working with Agile methods and tools: git, Jira, Confluence, etc;
• Bachelor’s degree or work equivalent Interview
• 1 -2 Microsoft Teams interviews – 1 technical + 1 situational (Candidates will have to take a standardized test)
Breakdown of the role:
• Data management (needed for the ETL Developer – 70 – 75%) – analyze data from being collected
• Open to resources from any industry is ok as long as they have relevant experience.
• Manager needs someone who can hit the ground running and can start for the first week of August
• Project is a Regulatory Review anticipated for 18 month project (12 months to start + 6 month extension) resource needed until Q1 2023
• OFSI Review for the bank, leading to new demands and specifically needed to fill gap for issue management reporting
• Need: Data is collecting data from resource sources, to identify resources and liase between the business and the technical resources to ensure requirements are accurate. Data Source owners will be various groups within IT&S