Story Behind the Need:
• Business group: The Retail Branch Network supports multiple databases within Canadian Banking Technology.
• The group has built a custom dashboard from Power BI that is in operation but requires updates and optimizations as it in production.
• The group has a new need for a strong Power BI Developer to maintain this dashboard.
• Project: The Data Analyst is supporting multiple projects for the group and will need to have a strong understanding of the EDL and business processes.
• Reason for request: New Project
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on gaining exposure to multiple bank streams and utilizing new technology.
• The individual is comfortable working with business and technical staff ensuring systems are designed and maintained according to enterprise architectural standards.
• Collaborating with team members, they will utilize agile best practices and metrics to build high quality technology solutions in line with the product’s vision.
Typical Day in Role:
• Work with senior team members (architects, developers, testers) to develop and implement data solutions for finance reporting systems
• Turn business requirements into data model and generate source to target mapping and other technical documentation (data transformations, design and operational support documentation)
• Analyze data in both Financial Systems and Big Data environments.
• Support senior team members through research assignments and proof of concepts
• Demonstrate a passion for problem solving and data presentation technologies
• Pursue enterprise learning opportunities to develop and mature your skills in the big data space
• The ideal candidate for this role will be highly motivated, have had exposure to Business Intelligence tools.
• Advanced level SQL design / reporting / data mining experience
• Report development and support for internal and external customers; including executives analytical minded skill set
• Provide analytical support to company leadership by providing ad-hoc analysis and data trouble shooting support
Must have Skills:
• 3 + years’ years minimum advanced experience with Power BI (creating, updating as needed)
• 5 + years’ minimum experience data analysis, data mapping, source target mapping into EDL using Hadoop or Hive
• 5 + years’ experience reading and writing SQL Queries
• Excellent communication skills to clearly articulate needs to business users in a clear, concise manner (maybe working closely with BA for documentation and will be analyzing problems regularly)
• Excellent business/technical written and oral communication skills.
• Must have excellent analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills to quickly and effectively solve problems in a dynamic and demanding environment.
Nice to have:
• Financial Industry experience
Degree / Certifications:
• Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline.
• 70% working in technical data work with Power BI dashboard – updating and querying
• 30% of role would require someone who can work with business stakeholders to ensure data is being defined accurately and can-do proper analysis
• lots of problem solving – people reaching out and having the wrong tool (portfolio management tool) some investigate work and will need to be able to communicate and update information – will need to take what the issue is and solve this back with the users* – interaction with the users*
• Interview Process:
o 1 -2 Microsoft Teams Interviews (Decision date by July 30th)
o Timelines: Start Date: August 16th