Story Behind the Need:
• Business group: The Enterprise Business Intelligence Group is supporting multiple initiatives across the bank and is focusing on Credit Risk Remediation projects due in the next year.
• Project: The Power BI Developer will be working on the US Finance Liquidity Credit Risk Remediation Project. This project is focused on a Credit Risk Modernization for US Counterparts and has ongoing initiatives requiring a strong Power BI Resource.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on gaining exposure to multiple bank streams and utilizing new technology.
• The individual is comfortable working with business and technical staff ensuring systems are designed and maintained according to enterprise architectural standards.
• Collaborating with team members, they will utilize agile best practices and metrics to build high quality technology solutions in line with the product’s vision.
Typical Day in Role:
• Work with senior team members (architects, developers, testers) to develop and implement data solutions for finance reporting systems
• Turn business requirements into data model and generate source to target mapping and other technical documentation (data transformations, design and operational support documentation)
• Support senior team members through research assignments and proof of concepts
• Demonstrate a passion for problem solving and data presentation technologies
• Pursue enterprise learning opportunities to develop and mature your skills in the big data space
• The ideal candidate for this role will be highly motivated, have had exposure to Business Intelligence tools.
• Advanced level SQL design / reporting / data mining experience
• Report development and support for internal and external customers, including executives analytical minded skillset
• Provide analytical support to company leadership by providing ad-hoc analysis and data trouble shooting support
Must have Skills:
• 5 + years’ experience with Power BI Development (Modeling, Reporting and Creating / Updating Dashboard for visualization)
• Recent (minimum 2 projects) with Power BI Premium Edition
• 5 + years’ experience reading and writing SQL Queries
• Excellent communication skills to clearly articulate needs to business users in a clear, concise manner (maybe working closely with BA for documentation)
• Excellent business/technical written and oral communication skills.
• Must have excellent analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills in order to quickly and effectively solve problems in a dynamic and demanding environment.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills including but not limited to presentation, prioritization, effective time management, conflict management.
Nice to have:
• Credit Risk Experience
• Confluence / Jira experience is a plus
Degree / Certifications:
• Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline.
• Data Modeling (within Power BI) + Reporting + Dashboarding – but all three subsets will be required from this resource in this role
• 40-50% of role would require someone who can work with business stakeholders to ensure data is being defined accurately updated for proper analysis
• Independent / autonomous to be able to speak to the business*
• Interview Process:
• 1 -2 Microsoft Teams Interviews (1 Technical Video) + (1 potential situational IV for fit)
• Timelines: Start Date: August 3rd