Story Behind the Need:
• Business group: Enterprise Digital Banking Technology:
• Project: Enterprise Digital Banking Technology is seeking a Product Designer to assist with the banks mobile native application in the Caribbean called Wave, available on both iOS and Android platforms. This application is used by the customer and allows them access to all of their online capabilities at their finger tips on the go. This is the first native mobile app for client and will be very similar to the functionality of the current application being used in Canada.
• Reason for request: Ongoing project
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will not only have the opportunity to gain valuable experience at a top 5 Canadian bank but also get exposure to some of the bank’s emerging and disruptive technologies.
• The individual will be working on a new way to engage with customers digitally, having a direct impact on the application that is being built with visibility from some of the bank’s top customers.
Typical Day in Role:
• You will bridge the best customer experience that is currently happening at the branch to the digital world.
• You will greatly influence the design decisions for digital experiences that touch millions of users every day across the CCAU countries.
• You will understand our users’ motivations and needs, leveraging rigorous design research and usability principles as well as your intuitive design sense in a holistic way.
• You will meticulously consider user interactions and journeys and act as an advocate for the constant improvement of both.
• You will produce compelling designs to illustrate concepts iteratively and to be able to provide detailed specifications for software developers.
• You will drive customer testing and incorporate customer research and insights.
• You will demonstrate leadership by acting as design owner within your scrum through the conception, build and release of software features.
• You will synthesize research outcomes into viable product experiences.
• You will exercise a high level of technical acuity with a thorough understanding of front-end technologies and will factor it into your work limitations and constraints knowing when to push boundaries.
• You will advocate for accessible design principles and implementation.
• You will provide feedback and coaching to other Designers at different levels of experience.
• You will perform in an open environment, striving to be persuasive and engaging while being self-driven.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5+ years of experience designing native mobile software applications
• 5+ years of experience with iOS and Android
• 5+ years of experience releasing applications to the market
• Experience with customer journeys from product discovery through enrollment, down multiple engagement routes and through to journey completion
• Ability to build and execute design research methodologies or user testing protocols in a rapid development environment – demonstrated in recent project work
• Experience working in an agile and cross-collaboration environment.
Nice To Have Skills:
• Strong Visual design skills/portfolio
• Bilingual English – Spanish
• Background in Fintech or other financial-related product fields.
• Ability to communicate using rapid visual design techniques
• Comfortable working in a self-guided manner.
• Ability to plot and map a user journey from product discovery through enrollment, down multiple engagement routes and through to journey completion.
• Comfortable working within tight timeframes and with working creatively within specific constraints.
• Ability to work within a brand and style toolkit with a desire to push existing standards to the next level.
• A fast learner who has an appetite to learn what’s behind both simple and complex financial solutions
• A positive and resilient personality. You must be able to embrace feedback and have a desire for continuous iteration and improvement.
Degrees or certifications:
• Masters or Bachelor Degree in Human Factors, HCI, Design or related fields (or equivalent work experience).
• Degrees in marketing, graphic design, or arts/design-focused majors are preferred
• Does not want actual developers for this – he needs someone with that design experience
• multi language experience – they know or can handle when the application is multi language
• Cross collaboration with the web team and design team
• Strong visual design portfolio is not necessarily
• The candidate must also provide a demonstrable history of applying design thinking tenants and user-centered design principles to challenges at work or in everyday life
• Demonstrated interest in tangential fields like typography, design research, big data, fine art, music, writing and communications, etc.
• First native mobile app for client
• Similar to the Canadian mobile app, where you can login, pay your bills, transfer, etc
• Native mobile app in CCAU
• Someone with iOS and Android Apps
• Candidate Review & Selection:
o Step 1 – Interview with Humberto Torres, design lead
o Step 2 – design assessment or second interview with either a PO or another design director.
o Portfolio will be requested prior to the interview