Story Behind the Need:
• Digital Communications is seeking a Product Owner to partner with internal and external stakeholders to drive strategy and capabilities for omni channel communications.
• This role will sit under the Digital Communications team lead and will work cross-platform to ensure omni-channel experiences are considered.
• Working closely with other Product Owners to understand platform capabilities, user journeys and stakeholder needs this candidate will manage and operationalize their role in the communications roadmap.
• The digital communication capabilities team partners with the broader product, digital marketing, service and design teams, as well as overall bank stakeholders and vendors to conceptualize and implement world class communications solutions.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a high performance team and work some of the most disruptive and emerging technologies within a dynamic and fast moving Big 5 Canadian bank.
Typical Day in the Role:
• Lead the research and discovery of new capabilities to close experience gaps and cross-channel gaps. Including but not limited to sales enablement, targeting, presentment and orchestration capabilities.
• Bridge journeys across core platforms and different communication tools/ resources
• Manage relationships with key stakeholders, product teams, and business lines to manage expectations, requirements, and evangelize capabilities.
• Keep current on market and industry trends and developments and potential roles they could play within our roadmap.
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
• 5+ years of experience in a similar Product Owner Role
• 5+ years of experience working within an Agile environment demonstrating expert organizational acumen
• 5+ years of experience with communication capabilities and technology
Nice to Have Skills:
• Marketing experience
• Experience in JIRA, submitting tickets, writing user stories, etc
• FS/FI experience is preferred but not required
• Knowledge of product strategies and processes and a demonstrated ability to apply them considered and asset
• Any sort of hands of development, coding, engineering background is highly preferred
• Candidate will be communicating with senior level individuals on a day to day
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Ability to communicate complex concepts with increasingly senior shareholders and integrate work and priorities across multiple teams
• This individual will be communicating with individuals across all levels of the bank so the communication skills must be the highest level and proven in past experiences working with a number of senior individuals
• Candidate must be a team player, that does not need to be micromanaged – wants someone who can get up and hit the ground running everyone morning without necessarily being told what to do
• Ability to manage assigned tasks and expectations without direct instruction or oversight
• Fast, adaptable learner who can hit the ground running
• Ability to work well under pressure while demonstrating strong professionalism
• Must be able to collaborate closely with a team at times, while also being capable of holding themselves accountable to meet individual deadlines without hand holding
Education and Certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field
• Masters or equivalent strongly preferred
• To be discussed – At least 2 interviews
• 1 – with HM
• 2nd – with member of internal team
Additional Notes :
• This position will be more focused on the strategy, road mapping, etc side rather than standard
• The candidate will be expected to bring many moving parts together and help coordinated the bringing together of many different applications to one unified communication style
• Any triggered communications at the bank are currently created for each group individually and therefor using different applications, delivery methods, etc.
• The bank is now stepping back and asking what the overall communications needed in the bank are, and how we do we unify that to have 1 data source and rules engine, to provide one unified system rather than multiple different systems that do not interact at all
• Bringing everything together to be one source of truth rather than all different technologies and applications
• the PO’s are managing the ad hoc solutions now, but this person is coming in to manage the overall – stepping back and saying how do we bring this together for unified solution