Story Behind the Need:
• Business group: Business Delivery & Transformation
• Project: Business Delivery & Transformation is seeking a Product Owner – Digital Customer Experience.
• This is a hands-on strategic role which requires the incumbent to have deep knowledge and experience identifying gaps in the Customer Experience, analyzing customer journey, defining transformation and improvement opportunities.
• The incumbent should have the ability to develop a product strategy, business cases and roadmap in concert with customers, content, engineering, design, and go-to-market teams.
• Reason for request: Increased Workload
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will not only have the opportunity to gain valuable experience at a top 5 Canadian bank, but also get exposure to some of the most advanced and disruptive Asset Management applications in the world, implementing them at a multi billion dollar enterprise.
• The candidate would have the ability to strategically drive the Asset Management footprint in the international landscape.
Typical Day in Role:
• Collaborate with head office and in-country business partners to collect and analyze data and market research on client preferences and needs as input in identifying potential markets and factors affecting product demand and to assist in driving the product roadmap and backlog prioritization.
• Develop a product strategy, business cases and roadmap in concert with customers, content, engineering, design, and go-to-market teams
• Build the case for investment, identify key trade-offs, make the tough decisions, and build alignment around a vision
• Plays a leadership role in the scrum team, working closely with their scrum master to ensure that product features are delivered on-time and aligned to business stakeholder expectations.
• Attends agile ceremonies (e.g. planning sessions, stand-ups, retrospectives, iteration reviews) and other team meetings in order to provide necessary guidance and verify that the output of the delivery team is consistently delivering business value and aligned with the agreed upon commitments.
• Creates and communicates product roadmaps for the delivery team. Works collaboratively with other Product Owners and Scrum Masters within the larger team to ensure business objectives are aligned and consistency in delivery. Support the team by being available to provide clarity required to complete detailed user stories.
• Act as primary reviewer and approver of finished development work during demos/reviews based on established acceptance criteria. Facilitates problem solving as required, working closely with the delivery team on implementation changes.
• Work with Program Delivery team to formulate costs and funding requests, proposals.
• Works directly with business stakeholders to understand business needs and communicate them effectively to the scrum team. Translates business needs into user stories with clear acceptance criteria. Continuously refines backlog and prioritizes items for delivery based on value to business.
• Ensures product delivery is relevant and of high quality, eliminating the need for workarounds. Identifies capabilities, features, value proposition and potential risks for the product vision, working with stakeholders to produce high quality business solutions.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 3+ years of experience in a similar Product Owner/ Product Manager in an Agile environment
• 5+ years of experience in developing product strategies, business cases and roadmap, feature prioritization, epic / story definition
• 5+ years of experience supporting product throughout the SDLC and familiarity with all stages
• Spanish / English Fluency – both verbal and written is nice to have but not required
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Communicate effectively across diverse audiences within and outside of the development team (Stakeholders, Executives), acting as a champion of the agile methodology
• Partner with Agile Coach and other agile teams to share findings, best practices, and resources to help mature the organization agility
• Critical thinking skills: using logic and reasoning to evaluate alternative solutions, summarize conclusions and approaches to mitigate risks
• Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals
• Ability to develop strong working relationships with business and technology partners globally
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
• Any Agile, PMP, PO Certifications
• This role will be working a lot with the affiliates in South America
• Open to someone with the CX or Product Manager type experience
• Product management skills and capabilities with demonstrated product leadership
• Focusing on these types of individuals would generally be a great fit for this type of role as they have similar
• Candidate Review & Selection:
o 2 Step Process:
o 1 with HM
o 1 with the VP