Story Behind the Need:
• Business Group: Data Centre and GBM Network Services is seeking 2 Programmer Analyst for a Global Automation Network Initiative which will see integration, orchestration and development of various Network tools and processes streamlined via an inhouse developed pipeline. The candidate will work with a team to formulate new ideas as well as execute on the various backlog items already aligned for development.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain global experience and work with multiple teams, while having the opportunity to be extended based on their performance and funding.
Typical Day in Role:
• Verify configuration and code in LAB environment.
• Adjust plan to meet production deployment needs and timelines
• Communicate and collaborate with peers and direct management, technical resources to understand requirements, processes and opportunities for improvements.
• Design and build technical solutions for any encountered problem in collaboration with Subject Matter Experts (SME’s)
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
• 4+ years of hands-on technical working experience with various backend API Services, node js and python flask framework
• 2+ years experience with container-based applications (Docker/Kubernetes)
• 3+ years hands on experience with application design and development as network automation with the below skill sets:
• Experience with some of the following python libraries (flask-restful, flask blueprint, netmiko/paramiko/napalm, requests, regular expressions and json/yaml)
• Experience with some front-end UI libraries (ng-zorro, material)
• Experience with object-oriented python programming (rest api endpoint, api authentication protection, async programming, multi-threading)
• Experience with GIT protocol (Bitbucket server, GitLab, Git branching model etc)
Nice to Have Skills:
• You have hands-on technical working experience with various Public Cloud (Azure & GCP preferred) environments, in a network related capacity.
• You have hands-on technical experience with various network platforms such as Cisco, Fortinet, F5, Infoblox etc.
• Self-motivated and results oriented individual always chasing improvements.
• Self-driven and able to work independently.
• Works well under pressure and against strict timelines.
• Ability to work well within a team towards common goals.
• Ability to provide progress reports and outline clear requirements to complete required integrated changes.
• You possess superior problem solving and decision-making skills to resolve work issues with the ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering