Story Behind the Need:
• Business group: Regulatory Reporting Program – Responsible for regulatory reporting target operating model, and all controls for the whole Banks Regulatory Reporting.
• GBM Legacy program is looking at implementing a target model within the ledger, a significant portion of Cash activity is managed centrally within client Toronto for all Business lines. The program is in the initiation stages (Discovery Phase) and the core team investigative work is underway, Significant portion of Canadian cash flows from all Business Lines have some touchpoint with this transit, making the work extensive and complex. Steerco has approved a dedicated resource to support Program Manager to implement enhance governance and project control/management tools as the Program advances.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• Opportunity to learn and experience a unique type of program for a Global bank. Exposure to Sr. Management.
Typical Day in Role:
• Responsible for supporting the Delivery Team in the following: Maintain the project files; this pertains to project documentation, approvals, drawdowns, spreadsheets, meeting minutes, monthly status reports, third party contracts and other correspondence and documentation as appropriate.
• Maintain the budget; this includes auditing items to be delivered under projects, reviewing the weekly and monthly time tracking reports for anomalies, ensuring all invoices have been approved with the proper sign-offs prior to payment and ensuring drawdowns are properly recorded and maintaining ongoing cost to complete forecasts. This includes full reconciliation of the project budget and completing investigations for differences as they occur.
• Act as the project secretariat; this includes preparing/distributing agendas, attending meetings, preparing/distributing clear and detailed minutes on a timely basis, recording, communicating and following up on action items and maintaining project distribution lists.
• Support the Delivery Manager to ensure all appropriate areas are represented on the project team and to maintain momentum of the project against a background of constantly conflicting priorities.
• The individual is required to multitask on several projects at one time depending upon complexity and activities in progress.
• Formally document and cost project activities by using the Microsoft Project tool Definition of development activities at sufficient detail levels (not to exceed 10 work day increments and not to detail less than 4 hours) Ongoing communication of project status, completing the agreed on project reports and escalating issues to the Delivery Manager, or Senior
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 2-4 years of PCO or Junior PM experience – within Financial services/Banking/ operations/cash experience
• 2-4 years’ Experience supporting multiple projects of similar complexity in sophisticated matrix management position.
• 2-4 Excellent Microsoft Project knowledge and exceptional Excel skills.
• Excellent Communication Skills – verbal and written
• Accounting Designations or Experience
Soft Skills Required:
• Eager to learn
• Negotiation Skills
• Problem Solver
• Curious and Passionate
• Undergraduate Degree