Story Behind the Need:
• Business Group: TAMLO – Planning, Design and Controls is searching for a seasoned PCO to support Project Managers with 2-3 Portfolios each regarding name screening, transaction monitoring, payment screening, customer risk rating, list management, case management. All the projects are currently in different phases – each have different work streams and projects within the above areas.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join an intricate team that supports one another in a fast-paced environment within IT&S.
Typical Day in Role
• Maintain the project files; this pertains to project documentation, approvals, drawdowns, spreadsheets, meeting minutes, monthly status reports, third party contracts and other correspondence and documentation as appropriate.
• Maintain the budget; this includes auditing items to be delivered under projects, reviewing the weekly and monthly time tracking reports for anomalies, ensuring all invoices have been approved with the proper sign-offs prior to payment and ensuring drawdowns are properly recorded and maintaining ongoing cost to complete forecasts. This includes full reconciliation of the project budget and completing investigations for differences as they occur.
• Act as the project secretariat; this includes preparing/distributing agendas, attending meetings, preparing/distributing clear and detailed minutes on a timely basis, recording, communicating and following up on action items and maintaining project distribution lists.
• Support the Delivery Manager to ensure all appropriate areas are represented on the project team and to maintain momentum of the project against a background of constantly conflicting priorities. The individual is required to multitask on several projects at one time depending upon complexity and activities in progress.
• Formally document and cost project activities by using the Microsoft Project tool Definition of development activities at sufficient levels (not to exceed 10 work day increments and not to detail less than 4 hours)
• Ongoing communication of project status, completing the agreed-on project reports and escalating issues to the Delivery Manager, or Senior Delivery Manager as required
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
• PCO – 7+ years’ experience
• Managing all the finances for the projects (resources – time, forecasts, spend) for projects with a budget of $5MM+ – 5+ years of hands experience
• Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills – 5 + years’ hands on experience
• Excellent communication skills – able to clearly and concisely articulate for stakeholders and support steerco committee meetings as needed
Nice to Have Skills:
• SmartStream – CA PPM or something similar – nice to have
• Power BI skills is a plus (if they are advanced in Excel than they should be naturally be able to pick up Power BI) – dumping data in excel and working with sources and ensure the information is makes – need to be able to understand the source and need to understand the downstream sources (SmartStream or CA-PPM)
• CPA Certification
• AML experience
• PMP or Scrum Certification
• Client experience preferred
• Strong communication skills – written and verbal
• Convert technicalities into business language for executives*
• Bachelor’s Degree