Story Behind the Need
• Business Group: Security Program Management is seeking a Project Control Officer to manage project financials and forecast of 5 projects while being the bridge between the Delivery Manager & Business Stakeholders. All 5 projects are in the initial phases and are cyber security based. The projects are connected globally particularly with Latin America, and do not involve penetration testing, but more security testing and implementation of security applications.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will get exposure to multiple different departments, teams and projects.
• Ability to handle multiple projects of varying complexity in a team environment, as well as developing a thorough understanding of project management techniques
• Strong MS Excel skills required to manage, track and report the project budget
• Ability to develop and maintain an MS Project Schedule, including multiple files consolidation and reporting
• Familiarity with IT concepts, methodology and vocabulary.
• Business results orientation.
• Disciplined approach to accountabilities.
• Objective and open minded approach.
• Negotiation skills to be effective with team members and management tin order to acquire and maintain project support
• Strong communicator both verbally and through written/pictorial reporting.
• Solid problem solving skills and analytical skills to creatively develop unique solutions/approaches to resolve issues
• Perseverance, flexibility and efficiency to overcome challenges standing in the way of the successful completion of the project
• Once the project communication and reporting strategy has been agreed on the Project Control Officer operates independently day to day. Direction is received at the detail level and work results are reported on a regular basis.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• PCO – 3+ years of experience
• Experience handling multiple projects & different work streamlines– 2+ years of hands on experience
• Managing project financials and forecast (up to $2MM) – 2+ years of hands on experience
• Project scheduling (use of Microsoft Project) – 2+ years of hands on experience
• Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint – 3+ years of experience (Expert – creating spreadsheets regularly)
• Ability to communicate well and take minutes – keeping project on track
• Strong communication skills – will be bridge between delivery Manager & project Stakeholders**
• Punctual and organized
Nice to Have
• Spanish Speaking (will continue to support projects within LATAM market)
• Cyber Security Experience **
• Project Management experience
• Banking experience
• CA PPM
• College Degree or Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree