Story Behind the Need:
• Business Group: TAMLO – Planning, Design and Controls is seeking a Project/Delivery Manager with expertise in business management of a technology development department, working in a matrixed project environment. The incumbent should have working knowledge of technology as well as a number of project management process, such as PMLC, SDLC, Agile, Scrum and waterfall. The BSE will interface with all levels of TAMLO development to understand current priorities and department needs.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to convert to a FTE down the line & will get exposure to multiple different departments, teams and projects.
• Monitoring resource allocations and correct time reporting categories. Proactively managing development resource needs for projects, creating job descriptions where required, providing weekly status updates on vacancy status.
• Ensuring weekly time compliance and providing guidance and support to the resource managers on the correction of time entries prior to final weekly submission.
• Provide support, guidance and co-ordination of key resources to complete the business case process ensuring that impacted areas are included & that deadlines for business case submissions are met and approvals from TAMLO executives prior to submission to PPOC have been obtained.
• Will support the completion of project intakes and estimation ensuring SLAs are met or any deviations from the SLAs are communicated to stakeholders.
• Will support the TAMLO development leads with vendor contract management and EPM updates ensuring that they are compliant to required time lines and input to the Vista system where required.
• Responsible for monitoring OP’s, and budgets for the development team liaising regularly with the TAMLO finance dept reporting stats as required for the development team.
• Working with business partners, TAMLO development and PM’s to report and maintain progress of TAMLO program/projects
• Liaising with partners internal and external to devise, track, maintain and update reports for management such as:
o TAMLO fiscal project list, inflight and planned projects
o Cost, Schedule & Scope
o Resource allocation
o Business Cases
o Contract Management
o Time Reporting
• Working with large data sets and extracting useful recommendations and conclusions
• Understands the business from several points of view and aligns IT&S processes to address critical information and requirements.
• Performs complex project and data analysis as needed by Management
• Develops and maintains summarized and detailed information for all TAMLO Dev projects
• Working with PMs to ensure that project forecast and accruals are entered for monthly reporting and within the banks accuracy targets for Financial Monthly and Quarterly reports
• Participates in the annual planning and review sessions to provide insights for setting the priority of the projects, budgets and resource capacity versus demand to deliver the portfolio for all current and annually fiscal forecasted work
• Develops and implements key metrics to measure and report on the progress of initiatives
• Identifies trends and process improvement opportunities and efficiencies across the TAMLO Development Office
• Provides timely and accurate updates to the Director Project Controls, Audit and Delivery as requested
• Partners with internal and external partners and the Enterprise Program Management Office to develop and execute a plan to improve project alignment between business and technology PM’s including EDF, and minimum deliverable as well as ensuring the gating process is adhered to
• Builds relationships with stakeholders to drive the best practice dashboard reporting across the organization
• Leverages strong written and verbal communication skills to deliver reports and presentations to management
• Provides assistance with other projects when needed
Must Have Skills:
• 7+ years of IT and business industry work experience, which includes experience in managing technology teams and projects
• Strong technical project management or strong technical background (advanced technical and business knowledge in multiple disciplines, technologies, and processes/ expertise in very complex business and technical processes and their implications across the enterprise) – 7+ years of experience
• Expertise in project management disciplines/protocols – 7+ years of hands on experience
• Liaising with multiple Project Managers to get things done – 5+ years of experience
• Experience running large programs with budgets of over $5MM+
• Spanish Speaking
• Excellent communication stills demonstrated at all levels within the organization;
• Must be a proactive, self starter being able to work independently, and have strong influencing skills
• Strong induvial with good relationship skills, easy to get along but still assertive
• Doesn’t take no for an answer, can follow up and can get the answer & decision
Nice to Have:
• PM Certification
• Knowledge of project management tools like Clarity and SmartStream
• SDLC & Agile
• Banking experience (North American or “Big 5”)
• Recognized degree preferably in Business, computing , Technology or Project Management