• Project Delivery & Support is seeking a seasoned IT/Business Project Manager for the implementation of the new Financial Consumer Protection Framework, Seniors Code & Canada Accessibility Act.
• The Financial Consumer Protection Framework is a Regulatory Program within client, focused on the assessment, remediation and implementation of changes required in response to the new Financial Consumer Protection Framework, Bill C-86. The Project Managers will need to be strong on both the Business side and technology side, continue to drive project and initiatives for the 2-3 works streams each IT Project Manager will be managing.
• Candidate Value Proposition: The successful candidates will have the opportunity to work on other projects and be extended based on their performance.
Typical Day in the Role:
• Support the Portfolio Director and/or Program Manager to ensure the business needs and outcomes of the project are defined, satisfied and costs identified while working with a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, process specialists, product managers, and others to onboard, plan, and execute engagements with the bank’s technology teams.
• Provide consulting and guidance on project initiatives including business case preparation and developing creative/alternative approaches to problem resolution.
• Develop a strong partnership with the Business Sponsor to gain strong understanding of requirements, sustain open dialogue to manage product backlog efficiently, and facilitate and drive the benefits of the project.
• Collaborate with project teams to ensure business needs and outcomes of the project are achieved.
• Establish scope of the project; monitor and control scope to ensuring focus on delivery.
• Manage reporting for all work packages within the project.
• Establish roles and responsibilities in the project.
• Identify resource requirements, set expectations, and manage stakeholders to enable efficient and effective achievement to project outcomes
• Create project plans and manage dependencies in accordance with project team needs.
• Conduct appropriate status review sessions and escalate issues as necessary.
• Manage the project budget by contributing to monthly forecasts, quarterly accruals, and year end carry forwards.
• Direct planning, scheduling, resourcing, risk assessment, cost/benefit analysis, milestones determination, and final deliverables definition within the project.
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
• 8+ years of Senior Project Management experience, with experience in large enterprises.
• 3-5 years on business focus projects especially around Change Management / Training Related
• Track record managing projects of high complexity, high risk and large budgets – own entire forecast and reporting ($10 Million+) – 7+ years of hands
• Strong understanding of Agile project management principles and practices and experience managing projects in an Agile environment. – 5+ years
• Project management tools (e.g., CA PPM) and techniques) – 3+ years of hands on experience
Nice to Have Skills:
• Scrum Master Certification (CSM) – Master’s degree / MBA – Regulatory Project experience
• Mature interpersonal skills with the ability to work with, and influence, all types of professionals
• Strong communication (verbal/written/presentation), relationship building and analytical skills.
• Come with ideas and have a strong input
• Be dynamic, take initiative, be a leader
Education / Certifications
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering, Business, or related discipline
• PMP Certification