Story Behind the Need
• Business group: Regulatory Initiatives
• Project: Huge initiative to transition away from LIBOR. The Project Manager will work on building end to end project plan for Legacy books migration from LIBOR to new Alternate Reference Rates (AFR) from a business perspective (defining scope of Legacy books, gathering and documenting business requirements, directly working with FO trading, Risk Management, Legal & Compliance, Global Operations & various technology teams.
• Reason for request: Ongoing project work required
Candidate Value Proposition
• The selected candidate will have the exposure to a massive project which is currently a big initiative for all banks. This role is for an individual contributor and very high visibility role.
Typical Day in Role
• The main function of a non-IT project manager is to plan, direct, or coordinate activities in such fields as engineering, research and development, financial systems and product roll-out, etc or any other non-IT based project.
• Develop, track and manage project budget, project plans, timelines and scope.
• Efficiently communicate to stakeholders to manage expectations and project progress.
• Ensure that necessary risk assessments are continually reviewed and monitored and proactively addressed in a timely fashion.
• Successfully plan, execute, control and close projects against defined scope and budget using the banks procedures and policies.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5 + Years of PM experience in directly building end to end project plans for large capital market projects, as an individual contributor.
• Experience of maintaining delivery focus in a high-pressure work environment with changing priorities will be a significant advantage. (Have worked in similar kinds of programs, where priorities of the program could change)
• 5 + Years – Solid planning & documentation skills. Independently able to build project plans, establish inter-dependencies, anticipate & document risk & issues and their mitigation plan.
• 5+ Years’ Experience working with multiple stakeholders directly and ensure delivery of project tasks as per plan.
• Excellent Communication skills (verbal & written) – ability to manage stakeholder’s expectations to modify the level of details as required (Ability to dig deep and provide minute details as well as summarize)
• 5+ Years of Strong knowledge of derivatives, capital market risk, trading, bonds & treasury products. Ability to understand various nuances related to life-cycle events of these products to prepare effective plans.
• Solid understanding & experience of directly working on LIBOR replacement program. (Highly preferred)
• Experience with project management in larger global banks or top 5 banks within Canada – Capital Market experience is highly preferred.
Soft Skills Required:
• Independent contributor, can work on their own (not relying on team) – understand scope, make decisions, create project plan, manage rate log individually.
• Strong communication skills (written & verbal).
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in finance or a related field required.