Selling Points of Position:
• Exposure to front office, finance, technology team
Best Vs Average Candidate:
• There is a lot of stakeholders management, vendor management, multiple years as PM, agile, clarity asset, cap market is valuable
• PM experience -10+ years
• Agile delivery experience – 5 + years
• Vendor management experience – 5+ years
Nice To Have:
• Capital markets
• Confluence and Jira
• Plan, manage and deliver distinct projects through all specific phases, in alignment with business and / or enterprise strategies.
• Provide leadership, direction and coaching to teams(s) while partnering with business and executive stakeholders within a single or across multiple Lines of Business (LoB).
• Engages executive sponsor to ensure active participation on project initiatives
• Engages appropriate stakeholders to identify and manage required outcomes of projects for the business
• Establishes effective project oversight and other governance bodies, and engages the correct levels to support the direction for the project
• Provides on-going communication to key stakeholders, including the Project Sponsor, Business Project Owner, Program Manager and Portfolio Manager to ensure they are aware of significant changes to the project status in a timely manner
• Responds to inquiries and escalates concerns from stakeholders at all levels in the organization (technical, business, Senior and Executive Management)
• Provides advice and guidance to business partners and project team as required regarding best practices in project management
• Applies Organizational Change Management principles and practices in order to effectively manage the people side of change (e.g., stakeholder analysis, business process management, people readiness, sustainment planning, etc.)
• Communicates project summary, status, financials, etc. to appropriate high-level executives at the Bank
• Collaborates with the appropriate partners to ensure required resources are assigned to the project for successful delivery Assesses and ensures that customer experience / stakeholder implications are appropriately managed
• Builds consensus and relationships with project team and business Leads the project team, stakeholders and key project deliverables
• Delivers and owns project outcomes that are aligned to established cost, timing, deliverable and scope objectives
• Proactively identifies and tracks project risk and develops mitigation plans to manage risk (i.e., risk related to technology, change management, procurement, business process management, requirements management)
• Adheres to enterprise project gating and governance controls to ensure that projects meet all the performance, quality and compliance standards and conforms to appropriate methodology
• Creates detailed project status reports and presents key highlights and related implications for business partners & leaders
• Accountable for the project management process and project management deliverables, for assigned projects
• Abides by enterprise project methodology and recognized project management processes, ensuring discipline and controls are consistently applied to all projects
• May take accountability as a SME for business-specific methodology and processes on the project (i.e., Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC), HR process, vendor management, etc.)
• Ensures production of necessary project documentation as agreed to by the Project Sponsor and involved Stakeholders Investigates and where necessary escalates all project issues to support effective resolution
• Oversees the scope during the course of the project and collaboratively adjusts scope where necessary ensuring adherence to established project change management processes
• Monitors project health continuously and engages management as required if project health changes
• Develops innovative approaches to create solutions to resolve problems and significant issues within the projects mandate Identifies all project dependencies and risks, ensuring that they are effectively managed
• Effectively builds momentum among team and stakeholders and drives project(s) forward
• Executes project management deliverables within budget and as per the approved project plan, working with business partners to develop the content of those deliverables Develops, monitors and tracks project plans throughout project lifecycle
• Monitors and controls the work related to each deliverable
• Demonstrates ability to lead a work stream on a large project
• Champions project governance and processes
• Owns the accurate reporting of project financials (i.e., data quality) in the banks enterprise reporting system
• Generates cost estimates and provides general financial management, incorporating risk, by leveraging appropriate tools, templates, established estimating models, best practices, stakeholders and processes for assigned project
• Accurately forecasts and manages assigned budget and provides monthly financial reporting for projects, in alignment with Finance standards Assists with overall program and / or portfolio financial reporting by providing input into the process
• Facilitates financial planning process as part of project planning and scoping for projects
• Provides project reporting, including technology spend, and ad-hoc analysis and presents issues requiring attention by senior management.
• Escalates issues, as required Identifies discrepancies between financial forecasts and actuals and escalates material discrepancies and adjusts scope, schedule or budget as appropriate
• Manages resource and capacity management process for assigned projects
• Ensures the project benefits realization process is followed throughout the life of the project
• Supports vendor management and strategic sourcing process, managing RFP activities and partnering with vendor(s) to ensure efficient and effective project delivery
• Works in close partnership with Finance and key stakeholders for monthly reporting requirements (i.e., Finance, Status, Issues Management)
• Ensure the project spending approval policy is followed
• Closes project spending accounts upon project
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
• Basic ability to work independently and manage ones time.
• Basic knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
• Basic knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and production methods.
• Basic knowledge of computer software, such as MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio etc.
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related field. PMI or PMP certification preferred. 10+ years experience required.”