Story Behind the Need:
• This GWRT – Credit Risk Group is looking for a strong Python Developer to help build the intraday credit check component for their ongoing needs.
• Project: The Group is supporting a modernization / upgrade to the current Credit Check components.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be exposed to various technologies and algorithms that integrate multiple aspects of the bank.
Typical Day in Role:
• Analyze highly complex business requirements;
• Generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
• Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
• Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 3 + years’ Python Development and Django
• 5 + years’ experience supporting and working in Linux environments with fluency in Linux command line and use of Shell scripting
• 1 + year or Minimum 1-2 projects experience with PostGres
• Experience with DevOps and continuous delivery and deployment methodologies based off bitbucket/Git, and familiar with branching methods
• Good understanding of object-oriented design and design patterns, high performance and multi-threading techniques
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong problem-solving and analytic skills.
Nice to have skills:
• Market / Credit Risk within capital markets is a plus
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred