Story Behind the Need
• Business group: eCommerce and DCX (Digital Customer Experience) Team
• Project: eCommerce and DCX is seeking a QA / QC Analyst to contribute to the overall success of eCommerce and Digital Customer Experience team in Canada, ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives.
• This candidate ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
• Reason for request: Backfill
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will not only have the opportunity to gain valuable experience at a top 5 Canadian bank, but also the opportunity to work with cross functional teams as well and be considered for extension and conversion.
• The candidate will be working hands on with some of the latest banking technologies in and forward thinking in fast paced environment.
Typical Day in Role
• Perform testing for assigned projects by reviewing project documentation, preparing test documentation and executing test activities for multiple, parallel initiatives.
• Perform various types of testing including Functional testing, Accessibility testing, User Interface testing, Cross-browser & Cross-device testing across desktop, mobile devices and tablets, Content testing, URL redirection testing, and Regression testing.
• Complete Quality Assurance deliverables on time, as per the schedule.
• Report defects in defect tracking tool and work closely with the team so that solutions can be determined, prioritized and scheduled.
• Provide regular status updates and call out risks and issues to release and project timelines.
• Provide inputs for root cause analysis of post-production issues and plan to prevent them in future.
• Have in-depth and up-to-date understanding of the organization’s products, applications, systems, environments, processes and tools.
• Learn and leverage new tools and methodologies for Quality Assurance, on a continuous basis.
• Assist with initiatives to streamline QA processes and implement best practices.
• Champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursue effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with client Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
• Champion a high-performance environment and contribute to an inclusive work environment.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5+ years of Quality Assurance experience, with proficiency in testing websites, mobile web and mobile apps (Android and iOS)
• 5 + years of experience in Functional testing, User Interface testing, Cross-browser and Cross-device testing, Content testing and Regression testing
• Working knowledge of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG), accessibility testing methodologies and tools – demonstrated by work in at least 2 recent projects
• 3+ years of experience testing Automated Banking Machines
• 3+ years of experience testing websites with AEM (Adobe Experience Manager)
• Have detail-oriented approach to testing
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Fast learner with an appetite to learn what’s behind simple and complex financial solutions
• Candidate must be comfortable working as part of a team and encourage both individual and collaborative innovation
• Ability to work in a self-guided manner with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently
• Positive and resilient personality – Able to embrace feedback and have a desire for continuous iteration and improvement
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field preferred
• Bachelors degree or equivalent required
• Certifications: All preferred
• ISTQB or related
Candidate Review & Selection
• 1.5 hrs of interview
• 1hr of technical and QA with Hiring Manager
• 2nd half – cross functional and cultural fit with 1 or 2 colleagues on the team
• This is not an automation testing role – the candidate will be manual testing