Story Behind the Need:
• Business Group: GTS – Operations & Engineering is seeking a QA Test Analyst to perform the QA test responsibilities related to the development effort for the migration of a Project. The project involves migrating multiple servers from one data center to another, and required automation with onboarding from VMs to the clouds.
• The team: Global Technology Services (GTS) is accountable for planning, engineering and 24×7 operations of all global infrastructure supporting client. We deliver the full range of IT infrastructure services inclusive of the public cloud, traditional data centers and our branch locations. Our services include architecture, engineering and operational support of our networks, systems and databases as well as end-user support for over 90,000 client employees. GTS is a team of over 1,800 people located in 15 countries, with our primary locations in Toronto and Mexico City.
Typical Day in the Role:
• Design and implementation of test plan, test cases, defect logs, UAT test cases.
• Identify procedures and test scenarios.
• Process reviews, test case execution and inform the development team of defects and errors.
• Ensure that project satisfies the product requirements and meet end user expectations.
• Coordinating with business user for UAT testing.
• Create visual task board for keeping track of real time progress of the project.
• Creating and discussing user stories with the team.
• VRA Template testing.
• Security agents testing.
• Salt formulas testing.
• Service now end to end work flow testing for development and enhancement projects.
• Keeping track of production issues and working with development team for their closer.
• Release management process
• Change management process
• Complete Documentation of private cloud products.
• End to end QA process implementation for all mid and large size projects.
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
• QA Test Analyst – 4+ years of hands on experience
• Infrastructure testing – 3+ years of
• Documenting test cases – 3+ years of experience
• MS Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) – 3+ years
• Fulfilling project management type responsibilities/concepts (planning mini projects surrounding test management) – 2+ years
• Jira & Confluence – 2+ years
• Agile (user stories, etc.) -3+ years
• Experience with Windows, Linux – 2+ years
• Strong understanding of ServiceNow (how it works – request management, workflow etc.)
Nice to Have Skills:
• QA Related certification*
• VRA Template Testing
• Strong communication skills – written & verbal (understanding & translating requirements)
• Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent