Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The Quantitative Trading Solutions group work on the trading floor and manage US and Canadian stocks and equities. This algorithmic trading group’s main customers are buying pension funds and mutual funds in large quantities.
• Project: The successful candidate will be assigned to an algorithmic product that is maturing and moving to a new software within the next year. This new product is around 50% complete in the SDLC cycle and requires a QA test analyst to support the developers as they continue to build and migrate the new software.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to cross multiple lines of business as they autonomously develop and support the new algorithmic trading platform for traders and end users.
Typical Day in Role
• Execute test plans, scenarios, scripts or procedures
• Test system modifications to prepare for implementation
• Develop testing programs that addresses areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, or usability
• Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers
• Identify, analyze and document problems with program function, output, online screen or content
• Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes
• Create or maintain databases of known test defects
• Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 3 + years Capital Markets experience – specifically within trading systems
• 2 + years’ experience working with Fix 4.2 (trading language used in Cap Markets; they are on version 6.42)
• 2 + years’ experience with Java Development
• Hands on experience with Cucumber is a plus and will be prioritized (the team will be primarily using Cucumber for development of test cases)
• Hands on experience with Continuous Integration / DevOps tools: Jenkins, Maven, Jira is a plus
• Hands on experience with TDD and BDD methods for SDLC projects will be prioritized
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required