Reason For Request:
• Additional resource required to assist on Automated lending application.
Your Business Line:
• Retail lending and Borrowing Products for automated lending.
Story Behind the Need:
• As a Quality Engineer in the Canadian Banking Technology’s Quality Centre of Expertise, you will be a key player in the evolution and ongoing success for the testing practices within client.
• You will be designing and building automation frameworks and tools that empower our QA delivery teams in Canadian Banking Technology group and help test their applications as efficiently as possible. You will directly support CBT and other technology divisions as a member of community of practices.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• Contributes to the overall success of the CBT QA, IT&S in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives.
• Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Build automation frameworks using the latest technologies and Quality Engineering (QE) concepts for web, desktop, and mobile applications.
• Contribute towards enhancing and extending current automation frameworks and tools.
• Maintain test environments and reporting tools that support functional and non-functional test activities like accessibility testing, compliance testing, etc.
• Be the Go-To person for automation: Collaborate and assist delivery teams with their automation efforts and help remove any impediments by being the subject matter expert in QE.
• Drive adoption of best practices in code quality, testing and maintainability.
• Proactively identify and ideate solutions to challenges faced by QA teams.
• An aptitude to learn new skills and a desire to ask questions.
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with client’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
• Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Qualifications/Must Have Skills:
• At least 7+ years of prior work experience as a Automated Tester
• At least 7+ years of experience with Selenium, Apium
• At least 5+ years of experience with BDD & TDD Java Language
• 5+ years in building tools and automation frameworks using Java or any similar OOP language; this is a development role and not a testing role.
• At least 5+ years of experience with frameworks/libraries like Selenium WebDriver, WebDriverIO, Appium, etc
• Knowledge of web technologies and architectures/protocols (REST, SOAP, etc)
• Strong experience in developing Unit Tests and Integration Tests using testing frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG
Soft Skill Prerequisites:
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills
• Strong knowledge of QA methodologies and software development lifecycle
• Excellent communication skills and a good command of English.
• Strong collaboration, analytical and problem-solving skills.
Nice To Have:
• FI or Banking prior work experience.
• Strong Java or similar OOP language skills. Python is a plus
• Qualifications: BS Degree in Computer Science or related field
Candidate Review & Selection Process:
• 1 Round of interviews with Senior Manager and Developer from the team
• 2nd Round Panel Interview with Director of Quality Engineering
• 50% hands on 50% managing the vendor. Will be responsible to review automation scripts from the Vendor.
• Experience with build tools: Maven and/or Gradle
• Knowledge of test planning and management tools (like Jira)