• As a member of the Reconciliation Support Services team, you will participate in a vital control function within client Securities Risk and Control Services. You will be a key participant in initiatives that require the build or enhancement of reconciliations.
• The objective of this role is to develop and support build of new reconciliations or make changes to existing reconciliations. You will partner with process owners to gather requirements, analyze reconciliation performance related issues, investigate, improve, and redesign existing reconciliation within the entire reconciliations control space.
• You will take action to partner with Project and Operations team, gather and document requirements, build scripts and rules that generate reconciliations within the Bank’s reconciliation platform and lead testing and on-boarding activities.
The position reports to the Manager, Reconciliation & Investigations and is responsible to:
• Act as a specialist owner or representative in the development (adding or amending scripts and rules) of new reconciliations or enhancement of existing reconciliations.
• Assist in analysis, development and testing of process improvements.
• Initiate or participate in projects – follow project management methodologies, communicate project status and provide timely escalation of issues to senior management to ensure project objectives are met.
• Keep others informed and up-to-date about the status/progress of projects and all relevant or useful information related to day-to-day activities.
• Provide assistance to team members as required in planning, execution, and control activities.
• Prioritize and manage own workload in order to deliver quality results and meet timelines.
• Create project documentation and administration as required.
• Ensure documentation prepared and completed is accurate.
• Manage good working relationships with project partners.
• Investigates exceptions arising from transactions/processes.
• Provides management with analysis of key process drivers, root causes, and provides recommendations for improvements.
• Ability to execute on ad-hoc non-routine requests.
• 5+ yrs Reconciliation exp. in capital markets, operations, risk &/or control functions
• Strong communications skills
• Undergraduate degree
• Ability to pick up on reconciliations concepts quickly
• Build reqs and problem solve
• Work with different partners
• Effective in both a team and independent working environment
• Put our clients first; Engage with purpose to find the right solutions
• Passion for simplification; Seek out creative solutions and adopt evolving technologies. •Easily adapt to new tools and trends
• Understand that success is in the details; Notice things that others don’t; Critical thinking skills help to inform your decision-making
• Aim to succeed; Motivated by accomplishing goals and delivering your best to make an impact; Ability to think conceptually and exercise good business judgement and problem solving skills.
• Skilled at defining, analyzing and documenting requirements
• Can manage tight deadlines, multiple tasks, and adapt well to changing priorities.