Selling Points of Position:
• Client Culture, regular meetings, work life balance, well being activities, well known organization, opportunity to grow your network
Best Vs Average Candidate:
• Strong sourcing 60/40 960% from sourcing team) proactive approach, — someone already in this role at another institution +
• Right hand person of the manager – people who wants to explore management
How will performance be measured:
• Metrics – time to fill, candidate disposition, quality of the hires, feedback from stakeholders
Summary of day to day responsibilities:
• Recruiting for roles like: Branch Manager, Assistant branch managers, district leaders
• Hiring for Quebec (more specific with their needs) and Ontario (more flex)
Primary Purpose of Job:
• Leads the development/design/delivery of effective talent acquisition and diversity strategies, plans and programs for a portfolio and acts as a subject matter expert in own area of expertise.
• Prioritize and manage own workload to meet SLA requirements for service and productivity. Adhere to enterprise frameworks or methodologies that relate to activities for the talent acquisition function.
• Follow and recommend internal and industry regulations and operating practices in completing and recording transactions for either the organization or candidates.
• Maintain a culture of risk management and control, supported by effective processes in alignment with risk appetite of the Bank
• May lead special initiatives by representing client/ the business internally and externally, as a subject matter expert
• Monitor and communicate the effectiveness of plans, programs, and practices related to own area of expertise
• Ensure respective programs/policies/practices are well managed, meets business needs, complies with internal and external requirements, and aligns with HR priorities
• Conduct internal and external research projects; support the development/ delivery of presentations / communications to management or broader audience
• Keep abreast of and advise the team on emerging issues, trends, and evolving regulatory requirements in the discipline and assess potential impacts
• Ensure the prompt and thorough resolution of escalated issues.
• Participate fully as a member of the team, support a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely
• communication of issues/ points of interest.
• Provide thought leadership and/ or industry knowledge for own area of expertise in own area and participate in knowledge transfer within the team and business unit
• Keep current on emerging trends/ developments and grow knowledge of the business, related tools and techniques
• Participate in personal performance management and development activities, including cross training within own team
• Keep others informed and up-to-date about the status / progress of projects and / or all relevant or useful information related to day-to-day activities
• Contribute to team development of skills and capabilities through mentorship of others, by sharing knowledge and experiences and leveraging best practices.
• Lead, motivate and develop relationships with internal and external business partners /stakeholders to develop productive working relationships.
• Contribute to a fair, positive and equitable environment that supports a diverse workforce
• Act as a brand ambassador for your business area/function and the bank, both internally and/or externally
Breadth and Depth:
• Focused on highly specialized portfolio of the greatest complexity
• Work autonomously and accountable for acting as a lead within a specialized function and may provide work direction to others.
• Provide seasoned specialized knowledge, advice and/or guidance to various stakeholders and team members
• Scope of role may have enterprise impact
• Focus on medium -term issues (e.g. 6-12 months)
• Undertake and complete a variety of complex projects and initiatives requiring specialist knowledge and/or the integration of cross functional processes within own area of expertise
• Generally reports to a Senior Manager or executive role.
• Financial industry experience
• Bilingual – French/English – Verbal and Written
• Positive attitude
• High Volume Recruitment – Normal volume is 25 requisitions, anything over that would be high volume
Nice To Have
• Previous banking experience
• Bachelor’s Degree