• Reporting to the Senior Manager, Credit Risk Reporting & Analysis, the Risk Analyst, Risk Reporting & Analysis is responsible for preparing quantitative and qualitative financial disclosures as well as supporting materials and associated briefings to aid the preparation of the CRO for the earnings, along with other ad-hoc requests from internal and external stakeholders. This opportunity requires direct interaction with stakeholders across the organization including Risk Management, Investor Relations, Finance, and the Business segments. The role requires a high degree of initiative and a strong relationship management, communication, problem-solving, and analytical skill set.
• Develop an in depth understanding of credit risk policy and financial/regulatory reporting standards to ensure reporting is compliant, and act as subject matter expert.
• Consolidate and reconcile enterprise-wide data in a timely and accurate manner in support of the quarterly reporting process. Challenge status quo and identify opportunities and new solutions by collaborating with stakeholders with a focus on continuously improving quality and efficiency.
• Prepare and analyze key credit metrics within the quarterly investor slides and various other external disclosures including the quarterly Report to Shareholders and the Annual Report. Identify and explain unexpected trends, variances or results.
• Work collaboratively with stakeholders across the Enterprise and their respective groups, to aid the preparation of the CRO for the earnings call or related events, including validation of key credit metrics and drivers, investigating and solving complex issues, and preparing executive level messaging
• Create clear, effective high-level summary reports, including commentary and analysis for management and executive review.
• Collaborate with Investor Relations to pro-actively identify key emerging risk areas for the Bank/industry, compile supporting information by conducting internal and external research, and produce presentations/communications/messaging to be referenced by the Chief Risk Officer and other stakeholders.
• Prepare, analyze and provide messaging for monthly internal management reporting covering various key credit metrics.
• Participate in a wide array of ad-hoc requests from multiple internal and external stakeholders and support other analytic initiatives as required.
• Benchmark disclosures relative to peers, recommend and present enhancements as needed to senior management.
• Work with users and key stakeholders to understand, develop, improve and efficiently deliver reporting requirements.
• Contribute to a positive, collaborative culture
• Lead timely and effective implementation of project deliverables as needed
• 2+ years of relevant work experience
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. An eye for detail and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
• Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Adaptable to changing priorities and ad hoc requests.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment, often with minimal management supervision and ambiguity.
• Knowledge of credit risk measurement and reporting (e.g. loans, trading, treasury and mitigation products) and or Capital Markets experience.
• Understanding of IFRS 9 and Basel Capital Frameworks
• Risk Analytics
• Data aggregation and analysis
• Business Degree/CFA/FRM
• Advanced Excel, vlookups
Nice To Have:
• IFRS 9 and Basel Capital Frameworks
• Financial reporting
• Financial industry is preferred
• Post-Secondary degree in a more quantitative discipline and CFA/FRM designation preferred
• Experience using Tableau and/or Alteryx would be considered an asset