Summary of day to day responsibilities:
• An Analyst within Collateral Management will primarily be focused on the effective and efficient mitigation of counterparty credit risk.
• Analysts are responsible managing counterparty credit risk as well as for demonstrating innovation and a proactive approach to risk mitigation by highlighting inefficiencies, risks and implementing improvements.
• The role will involve close partnership and interaction with a wide range of areas, including credit, middle office, legal, front office, settlements, and corporate treasury.
• As a result the successful candidate will be required to possess strong communication skills.
• Analysts within Collateral Management are accountable for the following core responsibilities, but are not limited to:
• Daily monitoring of client portfolios, issuing and receiving collateral calls to ensure the firm’s credit risk is mitigated.
• Ensure margin tickets are accurately entered into the collateral system
• Extensive interaction with clients.
• Ensure process reviews are conducted in accordance with Global Short-term Markets Policy
• Resolution and escalation of collateral issues.
• Reconciliation of repo collateral statements upon margining disputes
In addition to their core responsibilities, Analysts are also expected to:
• Contribute their own ideas to make a difference and add value to the group.
• Ongoing, proactive risk management via staying abreast of risk issues in the capital markets and assessing impacts on our exposures
• Seek opportunities to increase operational efficiency and lower operational risk through process reengineering
• Performing a number of control functions, ensuring the integrity of our processes
• 2 to 3 years of Risk Analyst experience
• Knowledge of Capital Markets/Trading
• Excellent communication skills
Nice to have:
• Collateral Trading Exp
• Bachelors Degree
• Years of experience: 2 to 4 years