• The Capital Markets Risk Management (CMRM) area is part of the client Corporate Risk Management function. Our teams are accountable for the generation and monitoring of an independent view of the Profit and Loss, Market Risk, Counterparty Credit Risk, Collateral and Valuation activities of The Bank’s global trading activities. We support trading and non-trading business initiatives, inform an array of risk management decisions, and facilitate business through managing evolving front office needs, while ensuring appropriate capture and control of risk.
• Within CMRM, the Counterparty Credit Risk (CCR) team is responsible for a number of activities related to the quantitative analysis of credit risk, policy implementations, and exception management across a number of trading and non-trading businesses within client Group.
• An Analyst within the Credit Exceptions Reporting team will primarily be focused on analysis, reporting, and monitoring of risk exposures ensuring that they are in accordance with established policy and counterparty credit limits. The incumbent is expected to execute on infrastructure changes with regards to new or revised policies or credit facilities.
• The role will involve close partnership and interaction with a wide range of areas, including credit risk management, global counterparty credit, market risk control, model development, front office, audit, and change delivery. As a result, the successful candidate will be required to possess strong communication skills.
• The Analyst, Credit Exceptions Reporting would be accountable for the following core responsibilities, but are not limited to:
o Generate accurate and complete processes to measure and report on exposures ensuring that all reports are submitted as per reporting guidelines.
o Ensure risks within portfolios covered are correctly measured, aggregated, and analyzed in accordance with established and approved risk policies and CAIRO counterparty limits.
o Provide analysis, reporting and monitoring of risk exposures and adhere to internal standards with regards to violations and the escalation of production issues.
o Ensure that all late or missing reports and related process metrics are recorded, documented and explained appropriately.
o Propose, schedule, plan and champion projects to improve efficiencies in order to provide more effective business support.
o Execute infrastructure changes with regards to implementation of new or revised policies or processes.
o Ensure internal control processes are adequate and documented appropriately as per the governance standards including establishing appropriate review and assessment of the quality of outputs based on business standards.
o Manage operational risk (e.g., cross-training, documentation, and audit).
o Liaise closely with the Bank’s front office traders, Credit Risk Management (CRM), Global Counterparty Credit (GCC), audit, technology groups, and other stakeholders to assist in meeting the Bank’s objectives.
o Perform ad-hoc analyses of specific metrics/exposures/transactions as required by management and stakeholders.
o Maintain a good understanding of the analytical principles underlying the risk management of financial derivatives, including issues that arise regarding financial modeling of products for risk purposes
o Investigate and analyze the results across respective business areas of the IHC
o Complete monthly reconciliation to ensure accuracy of risk captured
• Strong knowledge of financial products, and counterparty credit risk.
• Experience with Working with complex systems.
• Experience with performing impact assessments, drafting requirements, and performing testing for projects.
• Self-starter with a high degree of initiative and the ability to learn and adapt quickly
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
• Strong organizational, follow-up and priority-setting skills to handle multiple tasks/projects
• Self-motivated, well organized, able to work both independently and in a team environment
• Strong interpersonal skills are required, as the candidate will be called upon to demonstrate leadership in the team
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Candidates with experience in Risk Management roles will be favorably positioned
• Technical skills (Excel/SQL/VBA/Python etc.) will also be viewed favorably.
• Counterparty Credit risk – 2 years
• Risk Management – 2 years
• Advanced Excel (VBA/Python)
Nice To Have:
• Capital Markets