Selling Points of Position:
• Market Risk exposure within top5 banks. Changing environment, learning price market risk.
• Best Vs Average Candidate: Someone with current or pursuing FRM and has exp in risk management, exposure to market risk, daily reporting.
• How will performance be measured: Verbal
As a Risk Analyst in CMRM – Risk and Valuations, you will be part of a group that is responsible for a number of activities related to the analysis and reporting of market risk, liquidity, Independent Price Verification, Valuation adjustments, P&L Attribution, and policy implementation. The team executes infrastructure changes with regards to the implementation of new or revised risk policies, system migration, model implementations, valuation methodologies and analysis of the key measures used by The Bank to monitor and control market and liquidity risk. CMRM is a global business supporting offices in Toronto, Calgary, New York, Singapore, Dublin and London.
• If you possess a strong understanding of Capital Markets, are interested in financial instruments including fixed income and derivatives and have an aptitude for handling data with an attention to detail, you could be the right candidate for Capital Markets Risk Management!
• You will play a meaningful role in ensuring the integrity and quality of data by generating independent, accurate, and timely reporting of PnL, PnL Attribution and/or Risk from client’s trading activity.
• In this role, you will have the opportunity to collaborate and maintain key relationships with several business partners including Front Office (FO), Market Risk Control, Model Development, Technology, Accounting, and other business groups within CMRM including Risk, VaR, and PnL.
• Support the risk appetite of the bank by independently identify, measure, analyze and monitor Market Risk and P&L Attribution, while ensuring all analysis is complete and accurate with thorough commentary, while escalating issues in a timely manner
• Generate accurate and complete processes to measure and report PnL and PnL Attribution; provide accurate PnL analysis and commentary on daily movements and obtain daily FO sign off
• Reconcile FO estimate with CMRM reported PnL by answering all questions from trading desks, resolve any disputes, and escalate material issues to appropriate stakeholders for effective and efficient solutions
• Prepare weekly PnL dashboard and analyze significant movements or events, consolidated with Risk Reporting to be presented to Market Risk Control
• Ensure risk is correctly measured, aggregated, and analyzed in accordance with established and approved Market Risk policies
• Periodic month-end, quarter-end, and year-end reporting for Finance/Accounting
• Maintain a good understanding of the analytical principles underlying the pricing and risk management of financial derivatives such as options, futures, and swaps, including issues that arise regarding financial modeling of products for PnL and Attribution purposes
• Participate and contribute to key initiatives and projects driven by technology enhancement, risk model change, and regulatory requirement by conducting required testing, drafting test cases, commenting on technology bugs, and providing support for senior management project go-live signoff
• Liaise closely with FO, Trading Business Management, Market Risk Control, Compliance Audit, Technology, and other stakeholders to assist in meeting the Bank’s objectives
• Execute infrastructure changes with regards to implementation of new or revised Risk policy changes and ensure that changes are executed in accordance with CMRM change control procedures and End User Computing standards
• 2 to 3 years of experience as Risk Analyst.
• Strong communication (written & verbal) and inter-personal skills to facilitate working with colleagues at all levels of the Organization
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple deadlines and priorities
• Proactive and highly motivated, willing take the initiative, and able to manage unstructured activities.
• Strong conceptual skills and attention to detail
• Good understanding of risk management, governance and controls practices.
• 1+ years of experience with Market Risk measurement and reporting including metrics such as: IR Delta, Duration, Convexity, IR Vega
• Knowledge of financial instruments, regulations and market risk metrics, gained through academic study, or practical experience.
• Strong understanding or Regulatory and Compliance environment
• Proficient with MS applications
• VBA programming and Python knowledge is an asset to develop, modify and continually improve the risk management infrastructure used to capture and analyze risk
• Undergraduate or graduate degree in Risk Management, Business, Economics, Mathematics, Finance, (Engineering, Physics, Computer Science) or other quantitative disciplines.
Nice to Have:
• Pursuit or completion of CFA/FRM is an asset.
• Risk, Valuations and/or reporting systems knowledge is an asset.