• Execute audits for an assigned business, function or project and/or provide audit expertise and execute audit processes as part of a team or as an individual contributor. May lead simple to less complex audits, related engagements and/or projects/initiatives.
• Conduct audit work based on established audit plans and execute the audit in accordance with established standards ensuring completion
• Develop/contribute to the audit planning process for specific audits, ensuring appropriate programs and risk assessments are completed accordingly
• Manage the ongoing audit communications process with the client during and subsequent to the audit
• Present objective and independent audit opinion on the adequacy of internal controls in accordance with established professional audit standards, including presentation of findings and recommendations to client and audit management
• Execute follow-up of findings raised from regulatory and internal divisional audits in accordance with firm policy
• Provide subject matter expertise and/or input to audit projects/initiatives as a representative for area of specialization
• Lead/support the audit engagement and risk assessment process to identify key risks and identify opportunities where controls are missing or are inadequate to mitigate these risks
• Adhere to internal policies / procedures, enterprise frameworks and methodologies and applicable regulatory guidelines, contribute to the review of internal processes and activities and assist in identifying control weaknesses/failures, potential opportunities to improve operational efficiencies for own business area
• May develop and provide complex reporting, analysis, and assessments at the functional or enterprise level
• Prioritize and manage own workload to deliver quality results and meet assigned timelines
• Keep current on emerging trends / developments and grow knowledge of the business, analytical tools and techniques and apply them where appropriate
• Develop and deliver audit findings, presentations / communications to management or broader audience
• Contribute to the analysis, due diligence and implementation of initiatives within defined area of responsibility
Employee / Team
• Continuously enhance knowledge / expertise in own area Support a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest
• Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency
• Establish effective relationships across multiple businesses
• Participate in knowledge transfer within the team and business units
• Work to achieve individual goals and support other team members in the achievement of team goals and divisional objectives
Breadth & Depth
• Experienced audit professional role providing guidance/ assistance to function supported
• Requires working professional level knowledge of the functional area and/or business areas supported
• May lead simple to less complex engagements/initiatives
• Independently perform tasks from end to end
• Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion
• Generally reports to an Audit Group Manager or Senior Audit Group Manager role
Experience & Education
• Undergraduate degree or relevant professional certifications, accounting designations, or equivalent required
• 5-7 years of relevant experience
Selling Points of Position:
• Client experience.
• Experience to understand ins and outs of a bank. Possibility of conversion.
• Best Vs Average Candidate: looking for someone who is a go-getter
• How will performance be measured: Quality of auditing, will lay out expectation with the contractor.
• The main function of a Risk Analyst is to analyze and manage risk management issues by identifying, measuring, and making decisions on operational or enterprise risks for an organization.
• A typical Risk Analyst utilizes knowledge of tax and insurance strategies, securities, insurance, pension plans, and real estate.
• Interprets organizations assets, liabilities, cash flow, insurance coverage, tax status, and financial objectives.
• Analyze organizations financial status and develops financial plans based on analysis of data.
• Recommend, develop, and implement risk management programs to reduce losses and insurance costs. Researches accidents or losses involving company personnel or products.
• Maintain input or data quality of risk management systems.
• Identify key risks and mitigating factors of potential investments such as asset types and values, legal and ownership structures, professional reputations, customer bases, or industry segments.
• Produce reports or presentations that outline findings, explain risk positions, or recommend changes.
• Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and critical thinking.
• Expert ability to work independently and manage one?s time.
• Expert knowledge of economic and accounting principles, the financial markets, and reporting of financial data.
• Expert knowledge of federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations as related to tax and insurance.
• Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and any other related financial software.
• Bachelor’s degree in math or related financial discipline required.
• An advanced degree in a mathematical or financial discipline is preferred.
• 5-7 years of relevant work experience required.
• Finance background and audit experience – may or may not have a certification
• Virtual- Webex – 1 or 2 rounds