Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The Global Wealth Management Group is building out a new Organizational Unit that will focus on integration with Salesforce and Talend for Commercial Banking processes.
• Project: RTB CRM Group (Soon to be Salesforce Org Unit) is seeking a Business Analyst to join a net new project focused on a Commercial Banking integration using Talend and Salesforce. This net new project will engage various lines of business in the bank and will comprise of a two-part integration to the Commercial Organizational Unit then to the Wealth Unit.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidates will have the opportunity to join a collaborative team environment that will be impacting multiple organizational lines within the Bank. Using various techniques and methodologies with Talend, the successful candidate will be exposed to new technology in an enterprise environment
• The ScrumMaster is responsible for driving team effectiveness by identifying and removing impediments, supporting the team, and encouraging practices in accordance with agile principles.
• The ScrumMaster is empowered to introduce better ways to drive team productivity. They guide the team by embodying agile values, facilitating ceremonies and supporting a culture of continuous improvement and shared practices. The incumbent will actively participate in developing and maintaining a high performing, self-organizing team.
• As a ScrumMaster you will ensure the team enacts the agile principles, values and framework:
o Provide support to teams using a servant leadership style
o Coach the development team and help lead and insure the “agile mindset” is fully adopted and understood
o Inculcate core agile values of focus, commitment, respect, openness and courage into the team’s ground rules through leading by example
o Assess and coach the team to higher levels of performance, tracking acceleration metrics
o Guide the development team on how to integrate agile ceremonies and values into daily work.
o Encourage an environment where open communication and collaborative problem solving can pave the way for faster removal of any impediments and where the impact of mistakes can be minimized through early detection, making them into learning opportunities
o Engage with the team and technical SMEs to identify technical debt risks and develop approaches to remediate.
• Implement and promote use of agile methodology within the team:
o Facilitate agile ceremonies including iteration planning, iteration review, retrospectives, and daily standups
o Create a forum for discussing vision, goals, and Product Backlog items amongst the team
o Apply techniques for effective workflow visualization and management (e.g. Kanban or Scrum Boards)
o Identify, manage, and help mitigate issues and risks, with particular emphasis on timely removal of impediments for the team and/or directing obstacles to appropriate owners for quick resolution
o Facilitate identifying and enacting improvement strategies to increase the productivity of the team and quality of deliverables
o Ensure team execution and delivery to committed sprint work- maintaining the momentum of the initiative and upholding a sustainable pace of delivery; track agile metrics to provide statistical proof of momentum and sustainability
o Understand long-term product planning/ roadmap and help inform development teams to create quicker gains for the benefit of the end user
o Ensure that proper lightweight documentation (captured in artifacts such as program vision statement, program backlog, program roadmap, release plan, sprint backlog, and increments) is prioritized and added to the team’s backlog of work
o Compliance with client policies and procedures for project delivery
• Develop and nurture strong partnering relationships with Product Owner/Business Sponsor and stakeholders:
o Develop strong partnership with the Product Owner to gain strong understanding of objectives, sustain open dialogue to manage product backlog efficiently
o Influence a wide range of stakeholders (business, compliance, Legal, IT, etc.) to remove impediments and maximize team output
o Support and educate the Product Owner on agile principles and practices to preserve the team from external pressures which may inhibit its productivity
• Contribute to building organizational capability and expertise on agile adoption:
o Lead and coach the organization in its agile adoption, sharing successes, artifacts, and experience to accelerate transition to new delivery models
o Communicate effectively across diverse audiences within and outside of the development team (Stakeholders, Executives), acting as a champion of the agile methodology
o Partner with Agile Coach and other agile teams to share findings, best practices, and resources to help mature the organization’s agility
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5 + years’ experience working through Agile projects throughout the SDLC Cycle
• Scrum Master Certification (CSM) required
• 5 + years’ experience working on integration projects: focus on discovery and integration phase to identify best practices / solutions
• 3 + years’ experience working with SOA
• 2 + years’ working knowledge of Salesforce tools to execute and manage workflow processes at various stages of the SDLC cycle
Looking for someone who started as a technical resource and grew to lead and then Scrum Master role* Someone as
• Previous FI Industry
• not looking for previous Project Manager
• One main Agile project – and multiple small – need the Scrum Master to have tabs on the main ones and some of the smaller labs*
• Project experience with Salesforce and talent
• Experience with Talend Projects is a plus and will be prioritized
• Experience with data driven projects is a plus; understanding the technical abilities gives a strong advantage on how to get around blockers*
• Salesforce Certifications