Story Behind the Need:
• Project Summary : Channel Optimization – trying to put efficiencies in place for payroll department
• Provide highly specialized technical leadership in the analysis, design, development, configuration and support of cost effective, online HR management and decision support systems.
• Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a good understanding of applicable HR business systems, industry requirements and regulatory requirements (i.e. AML, OSFI, CSOX, PII, etc.).
• The incumbent is responsible for the resolution of complex business problems and must work under tight deadlines, conflicting priorities and changing project requirements. This includes managing multiple small projects, participating in and/or managing specific sections of large projects, and providing ongoing support to all assigned units worldwide (utilising Agile methodologies where applicable).
• Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex business problems. Includes analyzing business and user needs, documenting requirements and translating them into systems requirement specifications.
Daily functions and responsibilities:
• Independently resolve complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the business needs, by applying their HR and technological knowledge to the design of methodologies, models, and/or systems solutions.
• Manage multiple small HR technology projects and/or manage specific sections of large projects to implement technology solutions to HR business problems.
• Participate in the systems implementation process by interpreting business requirements into technical specifications, systems analysis, documenting detailed reporting requirements, configuration of HR vendor software, ensuring integration with existing related HR systems, etc.
• Participate in the review of Quality Assurance (QA) test strategies for assigned projects/initiatives to ensure the planned testing is comprehensive and consistent with the business requirements. Support QA testing by analyzing defects.
• Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of HRIS including Payroll, Compensation and Time and Attendance business strategies and policies, industry best practices and methodologies, regulatory requirements, internal bank processes, and rapidly changing technology to be able to provide effective business solutions and services to the end user business lines.
Qualifications of Must Have Skills:
• At least 10 + years of prior work experience with SAP or ECP Payroll and Time and Attendance Modules
• Support to production services by providing technical business analysis is required at a Tier 3 level.
• Ability to identify and escalate issues to senior management or a project steering committee, as appropriate – We are looking for a Director level, Not an SAP Architect.
• Prior configuration, implementation and enhancement experience using SAP or ECP Payroll System & Time and Attendance
Soft Skill Must Have:
• Excellent Verbal and Written Communication skills – fluently in English. Well developed verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate and articulate the underlying message effectively with different audiences, eg. branch staff, senior management in Information Technology Solutions, internal business clients, and external vendors.
• Detail oriented, methodical and has ability to translate business ideas into automated solutions.
• The incumbent will be expected to demonstrate effective leadership skills, including the ability to assume end-to-end ownership of a project and responsibility for the related project deliverables.
• Ability to work effectively as a team member in cross-functional project teams.
• Ability to work independently under the general guidance of the Senior Manager, Payroll Technology
• Strong business writing skills, including the ability to select the most appropriate method of communication and to clearly and concisely prepare a variety of business communications, eg. Business Requirements Documents, Functional Specifications, and project implementation / strategy documents.
Nice to have:
• Prior FI or Banking experience would be an asset.
• Spanish Speaking would be an asset
• Working knowledge of project planning and project management, with the expectation of developing a thorough knowledge within the first 12 months on the post.
Candidate Review & Selection Process:
• 1-2 Rounds of Panel Interviews
• Summary of the Submission Package:
o What experience do you have on a daily basis with SAP (Payroll and other modules) or other HR Systems?
o What type of projects have you been involved with regarding SAP Payroll or ECP?
o Usage or knowledge of replication?