Story Behind the Need:
• Business group: The Enterprise Business Intelligence group is Supporting the Crown Jewel Application that is for Retail Risk Reporting purposes.
• Reason for request: The Group is supporting the Support Crown Jewel Application Automation & Software Currency Activities is looking for a good SAS Developer to convert the SAS queries to another form.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to build long lasting relationships within Canadian and Global Markets.
• This candidate will be a key driver in ensuring stakeholders communication with the IT team is streamlined.
Typical Day in the Role:
• Deep dive into banking source data, performing data analysis to understand target data processing flows and rules
• Act as a subject matter expert for Retail Credit Risk initiatives (ie BASEL III AIRB), working with a team of data engineers to analyze, document, and test development enhancements to the existing retail risk calculation systems
• Provide data expertise and identify patterns to improve the end-to-end ETL and calculation flows
• Analyzing and updating data, changing data paths to align strategically within the banks initiative as needed
• Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
• Assure quality, security, and compliance requirements are met for supported area
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Need someone industry experience with BASEL or implementation of retail credit risk models
Must Have Skills:
• 2 + years’ hands on experience with SAS
• 5 + years’ data analysis and data management
• 2 + years’ experience with creating and writing SQL Queries
• 5 + years’ hands on experience with IBM DataStage or any ETL Tool
• Good communication skills required to work with multiple users
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree required in a technical field (Computer Science, Engineering etc.)
Nice to have:
• IBM DataStage is preferred and will be prioritized
• Previous Relatable client experience is a plus
• Person needs to have the experience to convert the SAS query to SQL/ HQL (90% would be focused on this conversion; 10% on supporting the conversion)
• A lot of POC will be occurring before the conversion to see what the best option for the SAS conversion
• The process has started, but it is halted as a resource is needed to complete this process
• Supporting Retail risk
• Microsoft Teams (1 interviews – 1 Video technical interview)
• Interviews to be scheduled ASAP (will be scheduled between 5-6 next week)