• Business group: The Capital Markets technology team is looking key to meeting the operational data needs of the various stake holders within Capital Markets .
• Project: The Scrum Master will be joining a team that is key in sourcing the data from the key wealth systems and transforming the data to meet the business objectives. Working on multiple projects
• Reason for request: new project
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will be working with cutting edge technology in a large enterprise environment.
• Supporting multiple business lines, the candidate will be exposed to various groups within Wealth Management.
Typical Day in the Role:
• Facilitate daily scrum, sprint planning sessions, sprint review and retrospective meetings.
• Manage the team Kanban board and guide the team to update Kanban board and keep it up to date.
• Remove impediments and continuously look to ways in improving process to increase efficiency
• Guide and coach the team to become self-organized and encourage collaboration.
• Support the product owner in maintaining and grooming the product backlog
• Focus on improving team dynamics and performance and work with the team in managing interpersonal conflicts, challenges etc.
• Communicate with the senior management and maintain stakeholders’ relationships
• Manage project budgets and forecasting
• Track projects as it progresses through each stage of project life cycle
• Monitor and document project status and represent the team in program level project meetings and provide updates
• Assist with roadmap planning and capacity planning discussions with leadership
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5 + years’ Comprehensive knowledge of Agile, Scrum and Jira Applying techniques for effective workflow on Kanban
• Minimum 1 project specifically leading Modernization
• Recent roles in the Financial Industry is required (Minimum 1 project)
• 3+ years’ experience in managing complex delivering software projects
• Demonstrated experience in applying agile methodology to delivering IT projects (recent project experience)
• Excellent communication skills to manage stakeholder relations, and work with cross-departmental teams
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to communicate on a broad spectrum (from technical discussions to program managers)
• Excellent coaching skills
• Demonstrated leadership skills through leading large teams
Nice to have Skills:
• Commercial banking experience is a plus and will be prioritized
• Software dev background will be good
• Wealth project exp. is a plus but not required
• Scrum Master certification
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer engineering, business, Information sciences or other related field
Candidate Review & Selection:
• 2 Step Process: Microsoft Teams Interview (2 Interviews: 1 with Hiring Manager; 1 With Director)
• Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: Immediately (same week as shortlisting)
• Hiring manager is searching for a ‘Technical Navigator’ Someone who has a strong technical acumen and understands the system to push projects through the SDLC cycle.
• Technical background in IT software development and/or implementation required
• Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team
• Sound understanding and practical experience in implementation of Agile principles and practices
• Knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, conflict resolution, continuous improvement and empowerment and increasing transparency.
• Knowledge in data management area is good to have .