• The Global Finance and Other Corporate Functions Audit team is responsible for performing operational audits of various Finance and Corporate groups in client to assess the adequacy of various controls and degree of compliance with the bank’s policies, procedures, standards and regulatory requirements.
• The team takes a risk based approach to conducting audits following applicable IIA standards and coordinates with business and internal audit partners. Deliverables may be relied on and /or reviewed by internal or external parties including for regulatory purposes.
Job Description and Accountabilities
• Reporting to the Senior Manager, Global Finance and Other Corporate Functions Audit, the successful incumbent will be responsible for executing audits in accordance with established standards and prescribed time, budget and scope parameters. This includes evaluating the effectiveness of controls implemented within finance and other corporate groups (including Strategic Sourcing, Real Estate, Human Resources, etc.).
As a Senior Auditor, your key responsibilities include the following:
• Planning and executing assigned audits with the guidance of the in charge auditor and/or management;
• Contribute to the completion of the overall audit process, including identification of risks and controls, scoping, development and application of appropriate audit programs, on-going client communications, reporting, and post-audit procedures;
• Present objective and independent conclusions regarding the adequacy of internal controls in accordance with audit standards;
• Maintain an open and transparent communications process with the business during and after audit fieldwork;
• Execute the follow-up of findings arising from internal audits within established standards and timelines;
• Protect the interests of client by maintaining awareness of emerging risks and regulatory requirements and assess potential impacts on the business;
• Build and maintain positive working relationships by effectively communicating and regularly sharing information, issues, points of interest and knowledge with audit management, colleagues and internal and external business partners; and
• Support management and other team members in the achievement of individual, divisional and team goals.
• The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic self-starter who can adapt within a dynamic business environment and is committed to excellence. Qualifications include:
• Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in internal or external auditing (financial services industry preferred);
• Accounting designation is preferred;
• Prior Operational Audit experience would be an asset;
• Strong analytical skills and business acumen as well as the ability to challenge the status quo;
• Confident presentation and negotiation/facilitation skills;
• Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills to facilitate working with auditors and senior management at all levels;
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal);
• Ability to make complex ideas or situations clear, simple and/or understandable;
• Demonstrated time management and organizational skills to meet tight timeframes as well as flexibility to adapt to changing priorities;
• Multi-tasking skills as the job requires managing of several tasks concurrently; and
• Flexible work environment (i.e. Remote working available)
• Prior Audit experience required
• Accounting designation required
• MS Computer savvy – Office suites
• Multi-tasking skills
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal
Nice To Have
• CIA designation