• The incumbent is responsible for assisting the Data Governance project team in the documentation of Enterprise data management processes, data flow, lineage, and definition. This position assists in the implementation of an enterprise data governance program.
• Mapping of systems and data repositories to identify gaps and provide suggestions to improve and streamline data management processes based on operational insights.
• Documenting business data operational procedures
• Communicate with internal and external stakeholders in order to facilitate the implementation of data governance activities
• Analyzes structured and unstructured data in support of quality assurance activities to ensure handling, storage, collection and access of data complies with Bank policy and regulatory requirements.
• Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
• Supports the resolution of data issues by coordinating stakeholders across the enterprise.
• Assists in the identification of change impacts through requirements gathering, mapping and documenting current and proposed processes.
• Supports the assessment, root cause analysis, and formulating proposed solutions/remediation strategies.
• Bachelor/Masters degree in Technology, Data Management, Data Analytics or a related field, with 5 to 7+ years of relevant experience.
• Experience in data quality initiatives and programs, data governance or managing the end to end data lifecycle, data stewardship or data management governance required; preferably within financial services.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong understanding of databases and data structures
• Strong understanding of business and technology process documentation methodologies
• Demonstrated ability in core and role specific competencies including teamwork, adaptability, influence and problem-solving skills.
• Bilingual (English/French) verbal and written communication skills a strong asset
• The work is usually carried out in an office environment with limited exposure to unpleasant and disagreeable conditions (noise, dust, isolation, physical or mental risks, etc.).