• Development Manager with Algorithmic / Automated Trading
• The Quantitative Trading Solutions group develops and operates client bank’s equity algorithmic trading systems, portfolio trading and market-making applications, along with associated analytics and related technology.
• We work in partnership with all the business lines we support. We are seeking a Senior Developer and Manager, to lead a talented team and contribute to a range of projects, with a focus on equity trading applications and quantitative analytics in support of our central risk book, ETF market making and portfolio trading businesses.
• This is a great opportunity to gain exposure to all aspects of Equity trading, both on the cash and electronic side.
Is this role right for you?
In this role, you will be a technical lead and manager for the development team supporting various Trading Analytics and related applications, including the integration and associated development effort with the Central Risk Book. You will:
• Translate complex technical and functional requirements into detailed designs to create scalable and high-performance web services for automation and analytics across the Cash, Portfolio and Quant trading desks.
• Develop and implement data pipelines from disparate data sets that extracts, transforms and loads data into an information product that helps to inform the organization in reaching strategic goals
• Collaborate with various trading desks and quants to design & develop systems to improve business efficiency.
• Participate in meetings /stand ups with stakeholders to prioritize development tasks aligned with business goals.
• Design and assist in full software development life cycle required for data integration, position tracking and various trading automated tools.
• Perform support of production trading applications to troubleshoot and quickly resolve any issues or questions.
• Investigate, analyze, develop and maintain a strong knowledge of trading workflows, technology and market structure to ensure most streamlined approaches are implemented
• Collaborate with other developers and serve as a mentor by conducting technical training sessions and reviewing project outputs
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? – We’d love to work with you if you have:
• Strong programming background, ideally including developing real-time, event-driven applications.
• Algorithmic/Automated trading design and trouble-shooting skills
• Hands on with development tools and languages such as Java, Spring boot, Angular 2+, Python, SQL and NoSQL
• Knowledge of real-time processing framework (Apache Spark) and streaming frameworks like Kafka
• Deployment experience with Maven, BitBucket, Jenkins and Artifactory
• Background in FIX, market data, trading systems and market microstructure would be beneficial.
• Effective written & verbal communication skills to bridge between technical content and business objectives
• Experience working on agile development teams
• Motivated to keep developing one’s skillset with the latest technology and programming techniques
• Experience with development of the technology architecture to support quantitative and trading products
• Experience leading a development team for 5+ years
• STEM Post-secondary degree (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics),
• Financial education and relevant courses such as CFA, CSC etc. and/or demonstrated capital markets experience considered an asset
What’s in it for you?
• An inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
• Work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
• Opportunity to make a significant impact, as you will contribute to viable solutions to design products and applications that will be used by over 21 million customers globally
• Tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
• Learning and development – free access to Pluralsight membership to upskill and develop your skills.