Story Behind the Need
• Business group: Transactional Delivery Services
• Project: Transactional Delivery Services is seeking a Senior Java Developer for a loyalty rebranding called Project Harmony.
• The bank is looking for a Java developer with cloud development experience to deliver service API to enhance currently batch based loyalty process to near real-time time/event driven process to enhance customer experience in our loyalty features.
• Reason for request: Backfill/Mat Leave/Workload/Project
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will not only have the opportunity to gain valuable experience at a top 5 Canadian bank, but also get exposure to some of the banks emerging technologies while getting valuable experience working on high impact projects.
Typical Day in Role
• The main function of this Developer is to design, develop, maintain, and implement enhancements using Java
• Patriciate in team ceremonies- agile
• Move onto stories and tasks for the sprint
• Work worth with team leads in order to get these tasks and stories moving along
• Assess and analyze technology options to evaluate solution alternatives that meet business need
• A positive attitude and a reliable, self-motivated, team player with excellent communication, problem-solving and analytical skills
• Generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
• Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts
• Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 10+ years of experience in information technology, developing and supporting applications
• 5 + Strong Java, Unix shell skills – working in Eclipse based environments
• 5+ years of experience with DevOps for deployment, and Git repositories.
• 5+ years of experience Understanding and experience with Spring Framework
• 5+ years of experience with Azure and/or GCP Cloud framework/system
• 5+ years of experience SQL Databases and related security model
• 5+ years of experience with cloud concepts and implementation
• 5+ years of experience with API management and developing microservices
Nice to Have:
• Knowledge of mainframe development experience and enterprise architectural knowledge/experience
• SOAP WebServices/OAuth2/Pivotal Cloud Foundry
• Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science or technical equivalent
• 1 Round Panel interview: Senior Manager Development, Technical Business Analyst, and Technical Business Analyst/ CBTARB