Story Behind the Need:
• Business group: Canadian Digital Banking Engineering – Applications – Team is focused on authentication and digital identity
• Project: Open Banking Project – connecting with other banks to process day to day banking; handling consent solutions for the project
• Candidate Value Proposition: The successful candidate will have the opportunity to improve their tech knowledge and work on the latest industry technologies including programming environments and cloud computing platforms; be part of a team with great culture and work life balance.
Typical Day in Role:
• Join a dynamic and energetic team consisting of developers, architects, project managers, and product owners.
• Focus on authentication/digital identity domain to protect our customers and your role includes delivering of the digital banking solution using Java, SpringBoot, Microservices and other leading-edge technologies, maintaining high level of code quality, and driving technical discussion.
• Provide technical direction with team input and feedback
• Assist in developing coding standards and testing approaches
• Collaborate with the Architect (if applicable) to realize technical vision and direction
• Considered an expert in a major application and/or technical domains, and is highly regarded for their technical competence.
• Provide expert advice and counsel to key stakeholders on development project teams on complex issues related to “area of specialty”.
• Provide reviews of solution designs and related code.
• Mentor and help team members in technical knowledge and best coding practices
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5+ years of work experience as a Java developer with a preference for Java 8, preferably within banking
• 5+ years’ experience with J2EE to support Enterprise Applications and Services
• 5+ years’ experience in version control tools: Git, Bitbucket
• 5+ years’ experience with Cloud Foundry, preferably with Azure
• 5+ years’ experience working with Spring MVC framework
• Experience building scalable, enterprise level technology stacks with Java but ideally with a broad set of tools
• Knowledge of a variety of frameworks (server side, browser side, desktop etc) as well as high aptitude for diving in and picking up new things
• Knowledge/experience with Agile principles and the flexibility to adapt your experience to new and evolving environments
• Authentication mechanism – oAuth2
Soft Skills Required:
• Display a passion for driving teams towards high performance and a deep pride in quality craftsmanship that delights user
• A self-starter type, learning new technologies and refining current applications
• Excellent communication including the ability to distil technical details into simple terms
• Has a passion for well-designed products and not afraid to share and explain your ideas
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or software engineering or equivalent
• Cloud certifications an asset – Azure Solutions Architect/Associate
Best VS. Average Candidate:
• Ideal candidate has all the requirements (must haves and nice to haves) with recent experience within the banking industry
Candidate Review & Selection:
• 2 rounds – 1st round – technical interview – 1 hour ( 30 minutes for Codility testing, 30 minutes for tech questions) – with HM and Architect/tech lead
• 2nd round – behavioral interview – 30 minutes – with HM