The Senior Linux System Administrator will be a skilled individual who will continue to develop and support RedHat, CentOS, Tomcat Java server infrastructure, MySQL databases and Amazon cloud infrastructure across the client web and mobile gaming platforms.
Major technical duties include:
• Develop and support server infrastructure of high volume transaction and highly available production gaming systems running Java, MySQL, Apache and NGINX server
• Develop, configure and support MySQL databases
• Develop and support network infrastructure including firewall and site-to-site VPN support
• Develop and support automated processes for Builds and deployments using modern tools like Puppet and Chef
• Maintain and improve security of the infrastructure to be compliant with the latest Information security standards, like PCI DSS
• Collaboration with Development and QA teams
• Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation
• Experience in administration of Red Hat Enterprise Linux/ CentOS
• Experience in Information security:
o Experience in PCI compliance process, strong understanding of procedures and requirements
o Experience in web security patching
o Experience in delivering vulnerability fixes to production environments
o Experience with internal security audits, external penetration tests and internal scans
o Experience in firewall security configuration, network separation, per-need based access, application level access restriction
• Experience in administration of MySQL databases – replication, clones, backups, clusters
• Good understanding of network gear – CISCO switches/routers/load balancers, web servers (apache and nginx); firewalls (pfsense); VPN
• Ability to manage, operate, and monitor Java based stand-alone and Tomcat based applications.
• Ability to support production level MySQL databases.
• Good understanding and experience with Apache web server and NGINX web server
• Experience in working and deploying to AWS cloud environments such as EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, Elastic Cache, S3, CloudFront, WAF, RDS.
• Good scripting abilities (bash, perl) and usage of automation tools like Puppet and Chef.
• Ability to plan, implement, test and troubleshoot system software
Knowledge and experience with the following will be considered an asset:
• Virtualization with VMware.
• Zimbra/Postfix email systems
• Nagios and Cacti monitoring systems
• KickStart, Jumpstart, cfengine, Zenoss provisioning and deployment systems
• CVS, SVN version control systems
• SSL certificates for web and code-sgining, DNS, LDAP, Kerberos
• Ability to work in a deadline driven, fast-paced environment
• Ability to adapt to new environments, and the ability to identify, propose and implement changes and improvements.
• Solid analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Formal Computer Science education
• Innovative, creative, visionary
• Independent and self-motivated
• Enjoys and works well in teams, but also thrives in autonomy
• Exhibits the important balance of patience and determination that allows entrepreneurial businesses to flourish
• Organized and thorough
• Collaborative team player, excited and willing to do what it takes to get the job done