Story Behind the Need:
• The Regulatory Initiatives group is looking for a Senior PCO for an urgent backfill to support global financials in North America, Ireland and Asia markets.
• Project: The Project Control Officer is assigned the work by the Program Manager /Program Director Project Control Officer assumes project support responsibility for all aspects of the project over the entire project life cycle (initiate, plan, execute, control, close). To effectively support the project the Project Control Officer must be able to understand project scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member.
• The position requires good knowledge of project management tools and methods, Financials and understanding of client life cycle development methodologies The Project Control Officer will have excellent communication and relationship building skills.
• Reason for request: Backfill
Typical Day in the Role:
• The individual is required to multitask on several projects at one time depending upon complexity and activities in progress. The Project Control Officer is to have the ability to effectively support a multiple number of projects of similar complexity in a sophisticated matrix management organization. To be effective, a thorough knowledge of the Bank formal and informal organization structure is imperative.
• Support overall project governance – at the Program Level, this includes Sharepoint administrator
• Compile weekly project status reports for multiple workstreams
• Manage the Program Financials i.e., Invoices, Forecasts, along with the Project Finance Group including
• Prepare presentation materials for various Working Groups including Steering Committee
• Compile Meeting Minutes, RAID Log and Portfolio Status
• Supporting the Program Manager and Director day to day activities
• Own Integrated Project Plan
• Ability to liase with Project team members, business, and IT, in addition to the Vendors
Must Have Skills:
• Minimum 5+ years’ experience as a Project Control officer –require a Sr. Resource
• Expert Excel skills
• Minimum 5 years’ banking experience within FI Banks (strong familiarity with bank processes)
• Strong understanding of Project life cycle through
• Strong communication skills – written & verbal (internally facing, may have to lead a few things with internal tech team, or interface with other tech teams at the Bank)
• Effective organization, planning, and time management skills
• Posting will be a backfill, and requires urgent needs
• Looking for someone who is Senior, who is used to work at the Program level (multiple workstreams)
• Running Steerco – overseeing financials *Program budget upwards of $38 million (for roughly 100 resources) – the PCO will be working with the financial group; however – the role will focus on Reporting for Actuals vs. Forecast spend – need to understand and track day to day and monthly financials
• The role is more all-encompassing – work streams are Global – they will be working with NA, Ireland and Asia Specific (all support roles that would focus in those areas)
• Most of the forecasting will be completed through excel files the incumbent will need to be expert with excel (many formulas + pivot tables)
• Interview Process:
o 1 Microsoft Teams Interview (video)
o Interviews will be completed ASAP – decision target date by Sept 24th.