• Responsible for analysing, recommending, developing, supporting and enhancing the software systems required by client to meet its business objectives. Contribute significant business and technical knowledge to complex IT projects and initiatives.
Duties And Responsibilities
• Completes well designed systems of high quality that make appropriate use of technology.
• Develops both personal plans and project plans – and the task detail appropriate for completion of work assignments.
• Contributes in the development of design, implementation, and testing plans.
• Maintains currency in technological trends and directions through research/education/self-motivated technology experimentation.
• Participates and/or leads in new technology investigation and makes recommendations for new technology adoption where appropriate.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
• Computer Science or Engineering degree or equivalent working experience
• Minimum 5 years design/development experience in the financial industry
• Proven ability in leading an agile development team throughout the software development life cycle – from conception to completion & work in a fast paced /dynamic environment with investment professionals
• Strong knowledge in following technologies: Python, C#, Oracle, MS SQL Server
• Knowledge of data warehousing concepts such as star schema, dimensions and facts with experience in design and implementation of ETL
• Knowledge of data modelling for transactional as well as reporting/analytic systems. Experience with the following data integration / analytics technologies: Microsoft SSIS, SSAS (Tabular), Power BI / Tableau, Python for data analysis (pandas/numpy)
• Practical experience with Continuous Delivery tools / practices (e.g. Github, Jenkins, Nexus, Delphix, UrbanCode)
• Practical experience / knowledge in Software Architecture Style/ Design Patterns (e.g. SOA, Enterprise Integration, ESB, OO, Domain Driven Design)
• Excellent Problem Solving skills, ability to take ownership of issues and determination to follow things through
• Experience in various software development methodologies and agile development practices; Test Automation, Test Driven Development, Continuous Delivery
• Experience with developing, implementing and integrating Front/Back Office applications and platforms supporting various products from Portfolio Management and Trading perspectives
• Ability to communicate and interact effectively with end users who are not technical
• Professional designated in Financial industry (e.g. CFA, CFM, FRM) is a nice to have.