Story Behind the Need
• Business group: Performance Testing
• Project: Performance Testing is seeking a Performance and Capacity Management Engineer to develop consolidated CIO Level SLO Dashboard to measure Service Level Objectives leveraging performance and capacity tools Dynatrace and Splunk
• Reason for request: Project
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will not only have the opportunity to gain valuable experience at a top 5 Canadian bank, but also get exposure to some of the top tools in the space, while having a direct impact on high visibility work.
Typical Day in Role
• Develop consolidated CIO Level SLO Dashboard to measure Service Level Objectives leveraging
• Performance and capacity tools Dynatrace and Splunk
• Analyze existing monitoring and diagnostic tools for each portfolio
• Recommend and remediate gaps in performance and capacity tooling and data quality
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5+ years of experience in Dynatrace and Splunk
• 7+ years of technical understanding of the nuances involved in various operating system environments (Windows, Linux, AIX, Solaris), Application Servers (WebSphere, Tomcat) and databases (DB2, Oracle, MS SQL, noSQL).
• 3 years of hands-on technical working experience in performance tuning and capacity planning.
• 2+ years of hands-on technical working experience in managing Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Microsoft Azure hosted infrastructure & systems.
• 2 years of technical working knowledge of containers technology, such as Docker, PCF, and Kubernetes.
• 2 years of technical working knowledge in CI/CD development, such as BitBucket, Jenkins, Artifactory, and Ansible
• 5 years of technical knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, network devices & protocols and their impact on web
• Ideal candidate should have…
• Strong understanding of SRE, service management principles, Service Level Objectives and measuring
• Expert knowledge of PCM (Performance and Capacity Management) Tools Dynatrace and Splunk resiliency
• Excellent communication (both verbal and written)
• The ability to communicate confidently and clearly on conference calls, in meetings, via email, etc. at all levels of the organization is essential
Degrees or certifications:
• A post-secondary education in Computer Science or Math or Engineering disciplines is an asset
Candidate Review & Selection
• 1 Step Process: interview with Hiring Manager