Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The Canadian Digital Factory Platform Migration Group rewrites older client applications and migrates them to cloud platforms.
• The group is part of the System Engineering team and is looking for a strong Software Development Engineer in test to focus on Release Engineering functions for multiple migrations.
• Project: The project has just started and is anticipated to take upwards of a year and a half to complete.
• Reason for request: Project
• As a Software Development Engineer in Test you’ll be working on our Platform Migration team at the Digital Factory. You’ll work closely with multiple scrum teams to evangelize an emphasis on quality. You’ll contribute to highly applauded in-house automation frameworks for GUI, Microservices and Performance test.
Typical Day in the Role:
• Developing code to automate the testing (Unit/ Integration) of micro services (Rest APIs) and ensuring the adequate test coverage of the application code
• Partner with development engineers during story and task breakdown to develop test approach that effectively cover the functional and performance characteristics of a feature
• Building, maintaining, and improving the existing automation framework, test harness, and processes
• Be/become a SME on usage of entire application suite, processes, workflows, etc
• Working with Engineering team Management to improve the testing process
• Understanding of enterprise software design principles – architecture, design patterns, OOP
• Comfortable working in a self-guided manner with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage your own time efficiently, without direct input or oversight
Must Have Skills:
• Good knowledge and experience in Java/ J2EE – at least 3 years
• Good knowledge and experience in Spring Boot – at least 2 years
• Strong knowledge of object-oriented software development best practices
• Strong experience in developing Unit Tests and Integration Tests using testing frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG, and Rest Assured – at least 2 years
• Experience working in a DevOps environment. Experience with Java Build Tools: Maven or Gradle
Nice to skills:
• Python Development is a plus
• Financial Industry
• Familiarity with Open API Specification(OAS)/ Swagger, YAML, JSON
• Knowledge/ experience in Java ORM Frameworks such as Hibernate, Spring DAO
• Exposure to Public Cloud such as Google, AWS or Azure. Knowledge and experience working with Azure / MongoDB
• Experience in building, integrating and deploying web services (REST/ SOAP/JSON/XML)