Story Behind the Need:
• Canadian Digital Bank Engineering Applications is seeking a Software Engineer In order to deliver Harmony project milestones by the program mandated MVP date. A high level software engineer is required at this time in order to successfully onboard and transfer requisite knowledge for them to produce from day 1.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• Not only will this candidate gain experience at a big 5 bank, but they will be working daily with some of the most disruptive and emerging technologies, making real impact at the bank and its deliverables.
Typical Day in the Role:
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
• Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
• Create and maintain software documentation
• Analyze and review enhancement requests and specifications Implement system software and customize to client requirements
• Prepare the detailed software specifications and test plans
• Code new programs to client’s specifications and create data for testing
• Modify existing programs to new standards and conduct unit testing of developed programs
• Perform post-implementation validation of software and resolve any bugs found during testing
• Collaborate with the Scrum team to plan milestones, successfully execute software delivery, and escalate issues as needed
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with client’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk
• Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
• 3-5 years of experience in similar Software Engineer role
• 3-5 years of experience with React/Node tech stack
• Experience with NoSQL Database
• Experience working in Agile environment
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible/ adaptable in exercising judgment in a changing environment and to manage competing priorities
• Demonstrated ability to lead and deliver technology based deployments.
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential
• The role requires a can-do approach towards environment automation / management and continuous improvement for efficiency and cost effectiveness
• Must be reliable, proactive, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details.
• Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick and sound decisions under pressure
• Strong organizational skills, excellent problem-solving, communication, and collaboration skills to work with everyone from project team, to business partners and stakeholders
Education and Certifications:
• Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field